Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Weakest Link 2016: Sign Up and Rules Thread

Agh I'm late!

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    So until everybody has played two rounds, we'll all be holding each other's hands in cooperative sweaty grips and singing kumbaya.
    The moment all players had had their 2 turns... unleash hell
    There is a difference between cooperative and no intentional crippling. From all possible forum games TWL is one of the least cooperative (head to head version was probably worst).

By end of round 2 characters will be close to I:20 and form my experience with current monster generation crippling won't be needed at all.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

7+) Players who die early will end up in some sort of wildcard game and will have a chance to make it back to the finals. Don't feel bad if you die early, you will have another chance.
    I read a question whether those who 'die early' or all eliminated players should be in the wildcard league over in the league of misfortune topic, and thought it'd be good to air a thought or two about it. That particular question was already settled since apparently all the dead players in that league are in the wildcard league, and the remaining players are in the finals. In my opinion I feel it would be fairest as a rule that as long as there is a wildcard league, all dead players should get a second shot there. Effectively a loser's bracket if this were a double elimination tournament, as it already serves as. Just with the added bit that its not just early death's that get that chance at a run back.

This is the first TWL game I've been part of so it could well be this is already how it plays out, just wanted to talk about it. Perhaps an idea to remove the word 'early' from the rule, I don't know.

Damn, I need to log in more often :-/
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So do the mooks in the Misfortune league. Crimeny, they are taking their sweet diddly-ole time finishing

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yes you do
    Nice to see that at least you're still alive.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    So do the mooks in the Misfortune league. Crimeny, they are taking their sweet diddly-ole time finishing
    We had one case I think of a player not doing his turn, on time. Deal with it.

Plus, do you see how far we've gotten with no higher than 6 PV until the most recent turn - and with only 2 deaths so far!
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE