Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]General Discussion and Flame War Thread

Default [TWL 2016]General Discussion and Flame War Thread

Post any general TWL discussion here. Feel free to strategize in your league thread if you want, but try to keep those threads relatively free of extraneous discussion.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

As soon as I get back from work (~8 hours from now), I'll do my best.
    I'm definitely playing this today.
    I wanted to say a few "kind" words about the attributes rolled but then I noticed the strength, toughness and PV values.
    Orc pal... everburning torch mmm.
    I already feel sorry for the bard team.
    Zero PV, just wow.

Plenty of iron on our orc though, for all those water traps.

Just to clear things up: I'm not obliged to descend as soon as appropriate staircase is found? This isn't the weekly challenge sort of stuff?

EDIT: You know what? Screw that, I'm playing it RIGHT NOW :>
    It's not like I have some world-saving work to do.
    Muahaha.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 03-01-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Just to clear things up: I'm not obliged to descend as soon as appropriate staircase is found? This isn't the weekly challenge sort of stuff?
    I really suggest reading the rules. Short version: you have to survive for 2000 turns and descend at least once. Descending more than 5 levels is considered "chaotic" and subject to disqualification for the first two rounds. JellySlayer did mention that ID nowadays tend to become nasty rather quickly - my tests support this... very nasty so lets not descend too rapidly. Especially since I am the last player and want to have at least one stress free round .

Hopefully that "B" is a ghost bat and ... err... I mean: good luck .

I already feel sorry for the bard team.
    Zero PV, just wow.
    May I raise your attention to our wished-for item...

Oh, WDSM, nice.
    Not going to save your sorry asses when claw bugs multiply and surround you
    At least until you get your tunes right.

Oh, nice competitions over there... My bet is the bard.
    Freedom through action!

So I was thinking: if the difficulty increases so rapidly with just one-two players doing their runs one after another, it will quickly become quite a challenge.
    I'd say people playing the first turns are at an advantage, perhaps max descent depth per player should have been limited to 2 levels for the first round?
    At least until everybody has had their share of turns and thus can say they at least had that much contribution.
    Probably too late now to change that, though I did try to play my turns in such a way as to still leave some breathing room for the next player.

So I was thinking: if the difficulty increases so rapidly with just one-two players doing their runs one after another, it will quickly become quite a challenge.
    I'd say people playing the first turns are at an advantage, perhaps max descent depth per player should have been limited to 2 levels for the first round?
    At least until everybody has had their share of turns and thus can say they at least had that much contribution.
    Probably too late now to change that, though I did try to play my turns in such a way as to still leave some breathing room for the next player.
    It's worth mentioning perhaps. the wildcard group hasn't started, and one of the leagues has not gotten very far.

And I failed at showing up, oh well. I honestly just forgot entirely mostly because I was either sleeping, watching things on my phone, or doing homework on computer during midterms. If I can still be in the wildcard league that'd be awesome.

Al-Khwarizmi is down, I repeat, we have TWL's first casualty :P
    I wanna know what you did Al but I guess you will want others to similarly tumble so no details so far.
    Anyway, I'll be playing my turn in a few hours so we shall see if I don't join you soon.