Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]League of Misfortune

OK, I'm taking my turn right now then!

I live, at the moment.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#############                           ####
                               #...........#                           #..
           ###########         #...........#                           #.#
           #.........#         #...........#                           #.#
           #.........#   #######...........#######################     #.#
           #.........#   #.................../.....(...../.......#     #.#
           #.........#####.###################.......###########.#######/#####
           #........./.....#                 #.......#         #..%@%g%k..|..#
           #.........###.###         #########.......#         #####..||..|||#
           #.........+...#           #......./.......#             #|.|||||||
           #########/#####           #..<..###.......#             ##########
                   #.#               #.....# #.......#
         ###########.#               ####### #########           ###############
         #.......#...#                                           #...../.......#
         #.......#.###############################################.#####.......#
         #.........................................................#   #.......#
         ###########################################################   #########

Phoenix       St:16  Le:13  Wi: 9  Dx:20  To:19  Ch:10  Ap: 5  Ma:11  Pe:11 N-
    DV/PV: 31/1    H: 31(88)      P: 8(54)       Exp: 10/23175     I13    M: 10001
    Burdened Coward
    8541 - Improved whips to level 4
    8578 - Descended to I:14
    8616 - +1 St, -1 Ap from fomorian giant corpse
    8692 - Exploding rune breaks items, including cursed sling, leaves me at 8 HP
    9378 - Sensed imminent danger
    9765 - Another exploding rune, leaves me at 11 HP
    9926 - Advanced to experience level 10, increased healing to 96

I couldn't find the downstairs to I:14 yet, but they must be in the northeastern room that I couldn't explore yet for lack of time. There are no monsters that I know apart from the ones on screen, and some animals throughout the level. The area is filled by webs because I killed a spider factory with a load of spiders there.

I overplayed by 1 turn.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good stuff, I'll get on my turn in the morning, don't want to do this at 2:30 am half asleep

Edit: Hooold our horses, wasn't it supposed to be pjsb1's turn after Blank4u47 ?
    Last edited by Couchfighter; 03-16-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    Edit: Hooold our horses, wasn't it supposed to be pjsb1's turn after Blank4u47 ?
    I think psjb horse is so on hold that no one should worry about that.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

psjb was last online quite recently and I don't think it is fair to specify an allotted time period in the rules and then arbitrarily ignore it for a player.

Indeed, Pjsb1 posted in this topic that he was going to be around for taking his turns. He obviously know he is in this league and plans or was planning to play his turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    psjb was last online quite recently and I don't think it is fair to specify an allotted time period in the rules and then arbitrarily ignore it for a player.
    He was online during 72 hours leading to AWOL in first league, IIRC.

If you want to keep strict to not arbitrary rules... between yahal and ziplus turns there is like 5 day gap. Who was eliminated due to not playing? [I can't see any request for extra time or any exceptions in rules or any rule about moving to last position and getting extra 3 days]
    Because if it was Al-whatever when I think psjb is about to hit 72 hour limit from last legal turnset.

In short I don't get why everyone wants to make arbitrary rules to promote time dragging...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

I'll wait for the go ahead from Maul or JellySlayer before doing my turn so this can be resolved. As long as we're going to have this wildcard league it should follow the same rules as the other leagues' time limits to play the turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    As long as we're going to have this wildcard league it should follow the same rules as the other leagues' time limits to play the turns.
    Totally agree.

Cause if it is possible to be absent for 5 days. despite ruling... Well, I can get creative with my upcoming turnset in finals if we nicely agree to ignore the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    He was online during 72 hours leading to AWOL in first league, IIRC.

If you want to keep strict to not arbitrary rules... between yahal and ziplus turns there is like 5 day gap. Who was eliminated due to not playing? [I can't see any request for extra time or any exceptions in rules or any rule about moving to last position and getting extra 3 days]
    Nobody. Al-Khwarizmi was given 3 days (as per the rules stated) and then it was zliplus' turn, who also took a while to play but was well within time, leading to 5 days total. I figure it's fine to let Al-Khwarizmi continue playing since this whole competition is just for fun and not serious business, although in the future I might want to enforce time limits against him more stringently if he continues to delay more than 72 hours. Also, since he is a veteran member of the board who I've seen around for quite a bit I don't think he can be accused of intentionally dragging the turn out, so I figured I might as well cut him some slack. And perhaps most importantly I also used the fact that the rules do not explicitly state what is to be done when someone exceeds the time limit, but various options are offered to accomodate players who couldn't turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Totally agree.

Cause if it is possible to be absent for 5 days. despite ruling... Well, I can get creative with my upcoming turnset in finals if we nicely agree to ignore the rules.
    I have no doubt Al-Khwarizmi did not act in bad faith when going beyond those 72 hours. On the other hand, if you (self-admittedly) threaten to blackmail your fellow league members by promising to stretch the rules as much as you can, I will have to ask JellySlayer to take administrative action.

Unless JellySlayer overrules me, the suggestion to remove any of Al-Khwarizmi or pjsb1 is vetoed. Let's carry on. It is pjsb1's turn.