Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]League of Misfortune

I40 and out of spells. Wow, I'll be impressed if anyone manages to stay alive from here on.

We have a whip of the snake and a bunch of eternium longswords. We can kill things easily
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

OK, I survived. Although I must confess it's not because I did anything miraculous with melee... it's just that the object that I found on the ground on my 36th turn was... you guessed it, a spellbook of Divine Wrath.

I also added +3 St to our character because being strong is good.

The area marked XXXX on the map is the part where a DAMN GREATER AIR ELEMENTAL was last seen. That's the cause of us being at 33 HP, although if we don't get other tough monsters in the level it should be no problem, it shouldn't be blocking stairs...

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#######################
                                           .(......XXXX..........#
                                          ...........#####...<...#
                                          ...........#   #.......#
                                         #...........#   ######### #########
                                         #...........#             #.......#
                                         #########+###             #.......#
                               #                 #.#               #.......#
                          ######.#################.#################.......#
                          .........@.............................../.......#
                          ######.###################################.......#
                               #                                   #.......#
                                                                   #########

Phoenix       St:16  Le:18  Wi: 8  Dx:17  To: 9  Ch:10  Ap: 7  Ma:14  Pe:15 N-
    DV/PV: 31/14   H: 33(107)     P: 114(114)    Exp: 19/628231    I44    M: 38000
    Satiated Burdened Coward
    36006 - Sensed tension.
    36036 - lol, spellbook of Divine Wrath lying on the floor. Cool, we can survive.
    36057 - Not wanting to take any risks, I retire to a room, close the door and read twice.
    36162 - Found downstairs.
    36222 - Getting hungry. Noticed Strained status. OK, read the book to oblivion, bookcasting would be useful but hunger is not nice.
    36266 - Opened door to mimic shop. Not entering. Nooot entering.
    36309 - "Your muscles feel stronger" out of the blue.
    36397 - Another +1 St from a fire giant corpse.
    36562 - Down to I:41.
    36570 - Found downstairs.
    36576 - Down to I:42, because why not. It's not like it's going to make that much difference, is it?
    36607 - Found downstairs. Bones crumple into dust. OK, the room has low-level enemies so the level looks promising. I'm not going to dive immediately this time.
    36936 - Another +1 St, this time from a stone giant corpse.
    37082 - Diving to I:43 because I don't like ki-rins without my ancient smelly Egyptian wrappings on. I know you're going to hate on me for not getting such a rare enemy on the kill list, but oh well. We have time to kill one until the SIL.
    37355 - Shadow wyrm. I hate buggers that confuse. I hate them. DIE DIE DIE. It died.
    37573 - Found downstairs.
    37932 - Dove to I:44, to find... o noes, a greater air elemental. Fleeing.
    37944 - Picked up another spellbook of Divine Wrath in my way to... to... away from that damn elemental.
    38000 - Done.

Edit: I got +3 St and could swear I was at 17 at some point, but now I see 16 in the screenshot... I don't remember where the drain came from. Oh well. We are stronger than we were anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yay, more spells! Onward to the SiL!

I'll play shortly.

[edit]I'm dead. Took one too many risks
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-29-2016 at 11:30 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Oh, also I forgot to mention the elemental burned our cloak.

The SiL is ours this time anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Couchfighter - Dead
    yhal003 - Dead
    zliplus - Dead
    JellySlayer - Dead
    Blank4u47 - Dead
    pjsb1 - Alive
    Al-Khwarizmi - Alive
    I've set reminder for autumn...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I've set reminder for autumn...
    Don't worry, I think I can play by August 15th
    Should be done my turn tomorrow my time. It's 1:30 AM where I am.

I died, literally nothing I could do about it. As in, the first turn I went down some stairs I died and there's nothing to spoil for the next player. So idk if there's something in the rules about it but I assume I'm just out of luck.

Edit : For further clarification, I pressed > and before I could take my next turn I was dead.
    Last edited by pjsb1; 03-30-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    I died, literally nothing I could do about it. As in, the first turn I went down some stairs I died and there's nothing to spoil for the next player. So idk if there's something in the rules about it but I assume I'm just out of luck.

Edit : For further clarification, I pressed > and before I could take my next turn I was dead.
    Am I correct that now we wait to see if Al-Khwarizmi can survive the turn (and win) or dies(and it was a trial)?
    I still want to see someone take this guy to the SIL.

Yep, if he survives then he goes to the final round. If he dies then everyone gets to try the trial to take his spot if they survive that round before JellySlayer or I die. I assume also that I'm out of luck in terms of my death but I do have the memorial file that shows how I died as proof if it matters.