Thread: adom on a raspberry pi

Default adom on a raspberry pi

so i want to play adom on a tablet/ portable device. and i dont deal with Apple products. so i was thinking about ordering a kit for a raspberry pi touch screen tablet device and then set it up and try and play adom on it. anyone done anything like this before? any thoughts on using something else? like i said i dont do Apple anything, so those options are off the table. thanks for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by fmlrommel View Post
    so i want to play adom on a tablet/ portable device.
    Well, ASCII versions have downloadables for for linux(Raspbian). so assuming your device runs it it should be possible to run version without NotEye on it.

Some people say it's playable....
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Well I don't think getting it run on Raspberry Pi is the problem. Real problem is can you play it after you run it. You sure could use keyboard while playing, I don't think mouse interface is that good. Maybe build second touch screen for touch keyboard? Make it like 2 screen handheld device similar to Nintendo DS. Upper screen for adom and lower screen for keyboard.

Damn. Now I want to build one too. I haven't ever build device from Raspberry Pi, but I've done some nice stuff with Arduino, so I guess I could try it some day.

I was just brain storming on that... really it cud even be "modular" if you had a touch screen keyboard or a small tablet keyboard, if they are usb or microusb then perhaps buy similar styles. I have virtually no exp with rasp pi or anything similar, so im not really sure where my limitations are

You learn by doing. If you can imagine it, you can probably do it. There's tons of tutorials for Raspberry Pi and Arduino kind of stuff in internet. You could probably code some sort of small control style keyboard program to run on other screen that has all the commands you need for adom or you can probably find something someone has already done you can run.

I don't own Raspberry Pi yet either, I've been thinking about buying few on some of my projects. But so far all my small devices I have done has been arduino based. Which is microcontroller and not powerful microPC like Raspberry Pi, so it can only run different components and very limited kind of stuff on screen. Currently I am building touchscreen alarm clock calendar on arduino. Should run clock, date, temperature, moisture etc and display it on my 5" touch screen.