Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]League of Awesomeness (Finals)

I'll be doing my turn soon, don't you worry.

Sorry about the long wait, by the way, but given the issues I've been having this week... well... I'm glad I'm here to be able to do my turn at all.

6008: I begin stabbing the blink dogs in Normal mode.
    6034: Dark elven priestess came towards me.
    6060: It's in melee range and OH HOLY CRAP IT PARALYZED ME. I'm down to 29/42. 32/42 after first aid. I try out "IDNUM AIROLG TISNART CIS. Oh noes, it's darkness - that didn't help. I was trying to ID the wand, didn't want to zap it in case it's ball lightning and fires at the wrong location.
    6068: I zap the wand downwards. It buzzes for a short moment and I sense taint in my vicinity.
    6069: I throw 3 daggers south. Something must have died, because I can move southwards.
    6097: I hack down some blink dogs and move into the corridor to the southwest, getting as far as the doorway by this turn. Apparently, according to the monster memory I have killed the priestess indeed. Monster memory also says nothing about "dark elven wizard", leading me to believe that there was a bit of a mistake in the last report.
    6111: One dagger destroyed killing Source.
    6143: Successfully bottlenecked remaining blinkies.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#########   #######
                                                             #.......#   #.....#
                                           #########         #.......#####...<.#
                                           #.......#         #......./.../.....#
                          .                #.....#.#         #.......###########
                        |||                #.....#.#         #  .....#
                       .|||                #######.#         # ###/###
                       ||||                      #.#         # # #.#
                      |.|||################# #####.###########/###.# ###########
                      |||||/|....||+.......# #.........+@ddd.....#.# #.........#
     #######          ##############......|###.........#####(....#.###.........#
     #.....#                       #........./.........#   #.....#.............#
     #.....#########################.......###.........#   ###########.........#
     #...../...............................# #.........#             #.........#
     ###############################.......# #.........#             ###########
                                   #.......# #.........#
                                   ######### ###########

Dr Awesome    St:15  Le:13  Wi:11  Dx:20  To:10  Ch: 8  Ap:19  Ma:17  Pe:17 N-
    DV/PV: 18/11   H: 42(42)      P: 35(35)      Exp: 10/22291     I10    M: 6143
    Satiated
    6288: Some jerk summons more blink dogs, just when I was about to kill the last few... sigh.
    6341: Blink dog corpse found! Tele control installed.
    6406: I get taken down by a crit to 21 by a blinky! Damn, these are getting strong. Need to get outta here.
    6463: Oops - there comes a dark elven wizard. Apparently there was one after all. Or maybe this one spawned just now, I dunno. Odd that it didn't show up in the monster memory before, but I guess this can happen. Either way, he's a wuss and goes down to two thrown daggers once he gets in melee (luckily he can't get any ranged attacks off on us).
    6501: This is ridiculous. I decide to just run through the webbed room to the stairs. I see a green hag in the room which I hope will contain the stairs (she's standing on it in the following screenshot, as it turns out), and also get a blood-chilling threat.

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#########   #######
                                                             #.......#   #.....#
          #    ##########                  #########         #.......#####...<.#
          ..   #.|.|...||.                 #.......#         #......./.../.....#
         h...###....|||||||#               #.....#.#         #.......###########
         ....k@Sdd.|.||.|||#               #.....#.#         #  .....#
         ....###||..|.||.||#               #######.#         # ###/###
          ..   #.|||.|...||#                     #.#         # # #.#
          #    #|||||...|||################# #####.###########/###.# ###########
               #|||||||..../.......+.......# #.........+.%./.....#.# #.........#
     #######    # ##################.|..|..###.||.|....#####.....#.###.........#
     #.....#                       #..||...../.........#   #.....#.............#
     #.....#########################....|..###......|..#   ###########.........#
     #...../.............................|.# #........|#             #.........#
     ###############################..||.|.# #.|.|..|..#             ###########
                                   #.....|.# #.........#
                                   ######### ###########

Dr Awesome    St:15  Le:13  Wi:11  Dx:20  To:10  Ch: 8  Ap:19  Ma:17  Pe:17 C
    DV/PV: 30/11   H: 42(42)      P: 35(35)      Exp: 10/25372     I10    M: 6502
    Satiated Coward
    6532: ...Get this, the boss is Stiikkeli, the female blink dog. No, I haven't had enough of you dogs yet, not at all.
    6543: Stair room officially full of blink dogs.
    Code:
                                     Screenshot

#########   #######
                                                             #.......#   #.....#
          #    ##########                  #########         #.......#####...<.#
          d.   #.|.|...||.                 #.......#         #......./.../.....#
         >.dh###....|||||||#               #.....#.#         #.......###########
         d.d.d@SdT.|.||.|||#               #.....#.#         #  .....#
         ..dd###....|.||.||#               #######.#         # ###/###
          ..   #.|||.|...||#                     #.#         # # #.#
          #    #|||||...|||################# #####.###########/###.# ###########
                                   #.....|.# #.........#
                                   ######### ###########

DV/PV: 18/11   H: 36(42)      P: 35(35)      Exp: 10/25852     I10    M: 6543
    Poisoned Satiated
    6544: I read the unlabeled scroll, hoping for identify or anything else that's useful. It's a scroll of item destruction. The fricking dagger of vampirism turns to dust. That's it, I'm screwed... I think. I decide to wear-ID the unid gloves. They're studded gloves, [+1, +2]. Not enough compensation, but it's a start. Also, we're C by now. I start using the ID'd orcish knife.
    6603: OH THANK NI'PREGH. I get through into the doorway after tossing all our daggers and desperately meleeing, hoping for just this.

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#########   #######
                                                             #.......#   #.....#
         ####  ##########                  #########         #.......#####...<.#
         ....  #...|...||.                 #.......#         #......./.../.....#
        .>...###....|||||||#               #.....#.#         #.......###########
        ....d@SdT.d|.||.|||#               #.....#.#         #  .....#
        .....###....|.||.||#               #######.#         # ###/###
         ...h  #.|||.|...||#                     #.#         # # #.#
         ####  #|||||...|||################# #####.###########/###.# ###########
                                   #.....|.# #.........#
                                   ######### ###########

DV/PV: 31/13   H: 25(42)      P: 35(35)      Exp: 10/26794     I10    M: 6603
    Poisoned Satiated Coward
    6608: I get downstairs, pulling 3 blinkies.
    6616: I try to get into the next corridor, but there is an open threat room full of... eyes of destruction.
    6623: I pull back into a corner and begin chucking daggers to take stuff out. I gain level 11. Dodge, Find Weakness x2.
    6671: Phew. The blinkies are dead, along with a few eyes. Nothing so far seems to have been destroyed. Room empty for now. Time to rest.
    7027: Eyes slowly trickle in. First instance of item destruction: our brass amulet. Well, that's no loss. I decide to start pulling in more eyes though. Berserking the eyes is pretty safe. I guess I could have just w5'd till the end of time as well but I didn't want to get stuck in this small room and be ambushed by some other sort of threat in a dead end (I dunno, maybe something like bulette digging in from the south and bringing a quickling lord and a blink dog pack along? That'd have been pretty bad. Mostly for the blink dogs. The nightmares, man...)
    7329: One of the eyes drops a golden ring. I try it on. Defense +1.
    7353: Ironwood wand found.
    7629: What do you wish for?_ more blink dogs
    7711: Killed them all, thankfully there were only a few this time. Found the down stairs again! Level map:

Code:
                                     Screenshot

############################
                           #........./......./.........#
                           #.....@.(.#########.........#     ########### #########
                           #.........#       #.........#     #.........# #.......#
                            ##########       #......$..#######.........###.|..<..#
                                             #.............../........./.........#
                     #######   ############# #####/#####.#########################
                     #.....#   #...........#     #.#   #.#
                     #.....#####...........#     #.#   #.#         ###########
                     #........./...........#     #.#   #.#         #.........#
                     ###########...........#######/#####/###########.........#
                               #............./.........../.....*.(...........#
                               #.$.........###.......[...###########.........#
                               #...........# #...........#         #.........#
                               ############# #...........#         ###########
                                             #...........#
                                             #############

DV/PV: 33/13   H: 38(44)      P: 38(38)      Exp: 11/37463     I11    M: 7713
    Satiated Coward
    7980: I avoid an ice lizard by descending (learnt to respect those critters, even if I might be able to take it down with thrown daggers).
    8000: Ooh, spooky! We are standing in a dark room. There is a monster to our right, which I don't know what it is, except that it doesn't seem too dangerous yet. There is also a distant wind. Good luck! I gotta go run now, the Hague has issued a warrant against me for blink dog genocide.

First, though, here's a .vlg:

Code:
                                     Screenshot

@

DV/PV: 34/13   H: 44(44)      P: 38(38)      Exp: 11/38124     I12    M: 8000
    Coward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Character Information

Dr Awesome    St:15  Le:13  Wi:11  Dx:20  To:10  Ch: 8  Ap:19  Ma:17  Pe:17
    C
    DV/PV: 34/13   H: 44(44)   P: 38(38)   Exp: 11/38124   M: 8000

Background Information

Name: Dr  Awesome         Race: male Gray Elf       Class: Assassin
    Eye color: blue           Hair color: silver        Complexion: light
    Height: 6'9"              Weight: 145 pounds
    Star sign: Candle         Birthday: 3/Candle (day 273 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
            Your parents belong to the lower class. They were honest
     hard-working people, who did everything to enable you to live a
     comfortable and fine life. They were not very successful.
            As a child you lived through happy days. Your parents tried to ease
     your life as much as possible and gave you a lot of comfort.
            During your youth you were very lazy. You slept a lot and didn't
     care too much for your duties and tasks. Your parents were not very happy
     with you.
            Your path was always clearly lying before you. You knew about your
     destiny since your earliest years and fortunately your grandfather
     supported your wishes. You managed to find a competent trainer and began
     your studies.
            You decided to become an Assassin.

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon           Lvl   Hit   Dam   DV   Level          Required marks
    ---------------------  ---   ---   ---   --   -------------  --------------
    Unarmed fighting         0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Daggers & knives         7    +6    +3   +1   skilled              326
    Clubs & hammers          0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Maces & flails           0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Swords                   3    +2    +1   +0   basic                11
    Axes                     0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Whips                    0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Pole arms                0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Twohanded weapons        0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15
    Staves                   0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            15

Missile weapon         Lvl   Hit   Dam   Ra   Level          Required marks

---------------------  ---   ---   ---   --   -------------  --------------
    Slings                   0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            7
    Bows                     4    +8    +6   +1   skilled              46
    Crossbows                0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            7
    Thrown axes & hammers    0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            7
    Thrown daggers           6   +12    +9   +2   skilled              119
    Thrown rocks & clubs     0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            3
    Thrown spears            0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            7
    Boomerangs & scurgari    0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            7

Shields                Lvl   DV               Level          Required marks

---------------------  ---   ---              -------------  --------------
    Shields                  0    +0              unskilled            15

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
    --------------------------------------
    Right hand: +5 bonus to hit, 1d3+1 damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
    ----------------------------------------
    Ammunition: 2, base range: 4, +21 bonus to hit, 1d4+15 damage

Skills

Alchemy .................. 10    (poor)         [+3d4]
      Alertness ................ 71    (great)        [+1d5]
      Archery .................. 41    (fair)         [+3d3]
      Backstabbing ............. 63    (good)         [+3d5]
      Climbing ................. 44    (fair)         [+4d5]
      Detect traps ............. 54    (good)         [+3d5]
      Dodge .................... 62    (good)         [+2d4]
      Find weakness ............ 66    (good)         [+3d4]
      First aid ................ 53    (good)         [+1d5]
      Haggling ................. 28    (mediocre)     [+3d4]
      Listening ................ 51    (good)         [+3d5]
      Literacy ................. 46    (fair)         [+3d3]
      Pick locks ............... 45    (fair)         [+4d5]
      Stealth .................. 63    (good)         [+3d4]
      Two weapon combat ........ 32    (fair)         [+4d4]

Inventory
    Total weight: 686 stones                Carrying capacity: 1500 stones

Head          : metal cap [+0, +1]                                    [50s]
    Neck          : -
    Body          : elven chain mail [+0, +5]                             [10s]
    Girdle        : -
    Cloak         : hooded cloak [+1, +3]                                 [40s]
    Right Hand    : orcish knife (+0, 1d3+2)                              [10s]
    Left Hand     : -
    Right Ring    : ring of elemental mastery [+0, +2]                     [1s]
    Left Ring     : ring of defense +1                                     [1s]
    Bracers       : -
    Gauntlets     : studded gloves [+1, +2]                                [6s]
    Boots         : leather boots [+0, +0]                                [25s]
    Missile Weapon: -
    Missiles      : heap of 2 daggers (+0, 1d4)                           [20s]
    Tool          : -

Stuff

Total weight: 523 stones   Carrying capacity: 1500 stones

Helmets ('[')
       hood [+2, +0]                                                       [3s]
    Gauntlets ('[')
       heap of 2 pairs of gloves [+0, +0]                                 [12s]
    Cloaks ('[')
       warm cloak                                                         [40s]
    One-handed weapons ('(')
       dagger (+1, 1d4-3)                                                 [10s]
       dagger (+1, 1d4)                                                   [10s]
       dagger (+0, 1d4)                                                   [10s]
       dagger (+3, 1d4)                                                   [10s]
       whip                                                               [15s]
       crude knife                                                        [10s]
       spear                                                              [50s]
       spear                                                              [40s]
       sabre                                                              [30s]
    Missile weapons ('}')
       heap of 3 slings                                                    [9s]
    Missiles ('*')
       rock (+3, 1d4)                                                      [5s]
       heap of 3 rocks (+2, 1d4)                                          [15s]
       rock (+0, 1d4)                                                      [5s]
       rock                                                                [5s]
       heap of 2 rocks                                                    [10s]
    Rings ('=')
       heap of 2 rings of elemental mastery [+0, +0]                       [2s]
    Wands ('\')
       twisted wand                                                        [3s]
       ironwood wand                                                       [3s]
    Potions ('!')
       heap of 3 potions of poison                                        [12s]
       shimmering potion                                                   [4s]
       golden potion                                                       [2s]
       black potion                                                        [4s]
       watery potion                                                       [4s]
       sparkling potion                                                    [4s]
       smelly potion                                                       [4s]
       translucent potion                                                  [2s]
       watery potion                                                       [4s]
    Scrolls ('?')
       scroll of uncursing                                                 [2s]
       scroll labeled "FROTZ"                                              [2s]
    Food ('%')
       loaf of elven bread                                                 [3s]
       iron ration                                                       [100s]
       hurthling cake                                                     [30s]
       melon                                                              [20s]
    Valuables ('$')
       2998 gold pieces                                                   [29s]

Killed Monsters

275 monsters perished under his attacks.

The following monsters were vanquished:
          1 barbarian
          3 big dogs
          1 black baby dragon
         36 blink dogs
          1 bugbear
          2 carrion crawlers
          1 cave bear
          2 cave fishers
          1 cave lion
          1 cave tiger
          2 cavemen
          1 chaos plague bearer
          1 chaos sister
          2 claw bugs
          1 clay statue
          1 cobra
          3 corpse fiends
          1 cutpurse
          1 dark elven priestess
          1 dark elven warrior
          1 dark elven wizard
          1 dark sage
         20 eyes of destruction
          2 fire beetles
          2 fire drakes
          1 floating eye
          1 gargantuan rat
          1 gargoyle
          1 gelatinous cube
          3 ghuls
          3 giant bats
          2 giant centipedes
          1 giant lizard
          2 giant rats
          2 gibbering mouthers
          1 gnoll
          5 goblins
          3 goblin berserkers
          1 goblin chieftain
          7 goblin rockthrowers
          5 goblin slavemasters
          6 gray oozes
          1 green hag
          3 green worms
          1 griffon
          3 harpies
          1 hippogriff
          3 hobgoblins
          1 hobgoblin chief
          2 hobgoblin leaders
          1 homunculus
          1 huge bat
          1 hyena
          3 jackals
          2 karmic lizards
          4 kobolds
          1 kobold shaman
          5 large bats
          3 large kobolds
          5 large orcs
          1 large snake
         33 large spiders
          4 lizard men
          1 mimic
          1 minotaur
          1 ochre jelly
          2 ogres
          5 orcs
          1 orc scorcher
          2 outlaws
          1 owlbear
          3 pixies
          1 pixie archer
          1 quasit
          3 rabid dogs
          3 raiders
          7 rats
          1 ratling archer
          1 ratling fencer
          2 ratling thieves
          2 ratling warriors
          1 shadow centipede
          1 silver wolf
          4 skeletons
          1 stone snake
          1 stone statue
          7 tarantulas
          4 trolls
          1 wererat
          3 white worms
          1 wolf

Achievements

He survived for 0 years, 4 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes and 16 seconds (8000
    turns).
    Dr Awesome visited 2 places.
    His charisma score was modified by +1 during his career.

Playing Time

You played for 1 hour, 51 minutes and 20 seconds.

Version Information

Ancient Domains Of Mystery
    Release 60
    Windows Build: Aug 23 2015 14:35:34
    And a save:

Dr__Awes.svg

Nice job. I got paralysis locked by the priestess and killed within 20 turns of starting
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Monster memory also says nothing about "dark elven wizard", leading me to believe that there was a bit of a mistake in the last report....

6463: Oops - there comes a dark elven wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    28 large spiders [that is a bit too much for single delven wizard]
    If you see monster just for a turn I believe it does not affect monster memory (2 turns show monster speed or something like that).

Each time I approached that webbed room there was new wave of spiders coming out, I honestly expressed my doubts about single source of spider summoning.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Oh no, the cursed assassin keeps running into nasty shit? Dagger of vamp gone? Holy crap.
    Looks like my turn, I'll be doing the run soon.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Unfortunately, I died

Dead. I blame all loser bracket for all that drag.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I wonder how far will Maul get from his own nasty save. Can you smell that trial in the air already?

Are people still allowed to try to jump in through the trial in the finals?