Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]League of Awesomeness (Finals)

Oh wow. Did I really place you two in such a bad situation? Hmm, I'll get to the turn now and see.

Edit: Well, I died quite soon. I wonder if we all died from the same monster?
    Last edited by Maul; 04-04-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Oh wow. Did I really place you two in such a bad situation? Hmm, I'll get to the turn now and see.

Edit: Well, I died quite soon. I wonder if we all died from the same monster?
    Well, Acid Vortex was the one producing the sound...

I actually managed to get around him and block him off with that guy in the dark (orc sergeant I believe), but ran to dead end....

Looking forward to meeting blink dogs and vampiric dagger.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Ahhh man, I got so close to killing it too! Threw a few knives to get it to half health but it didn't want to die. I tried the trial before I read the post about it being an acid vortex as well, dang.

I was trying to outrun that vortex and close the door but 2 steps before I could do that, it caught up with me.
    Boom, -41 HP.
    46 turns in.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Boom, -41 HP.
    46 turns in.
    It's you turn again, tiger.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

If I'm reading this correctly, Maul has created an impossible save and is dead. Soirana and Blasphemous play from blink dog save to determine winner.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Short story: I'm dead.

Seeing as so many people died to blink swarm and the dark elf, I set mode to coward and decided to completely ignore and outmaneuver her, using panicking and poisoned blinks as blockers.
    After ~100 turns I managed to put her 5 tiles behind me with 4 blinks in between, cast darkness to hopefully further confuse them.
    Several more turns and a bunch of spiders later, I managed to reach the web room, where I was bogged down greatly, while both 'u's caught up with me.
    There was indeed a priestess and a wizard, probably both summoned those spiders. A few more stabs through a green hag which panicked and a kobold and I could descend even without the nasty yellow fuckers following me.
    I:11 - Eye of destruction drops bone amulet.
    6300: hill orc sergeant crits and drops me to 15 HP but gets a poisoned dagger in his guts, panics and collapses a few turns later.
    6381: "You pick up the holy symbol."
    6450: Mimic hits but doesn't paralyze. I use poison + hit & run liberally and in a long corridor get sandwiched between the mimic and a dark orc.
    The orc crits and I am stunned and at 10 HP but the mimic panics so the way is clear. With coward mode and low HP I have enough speed to outrun the orc and descend unmolested to I12 since the stair room was clear. Nice goblin + dagger of vamp = full HP.
    6000-something: Wow this RNG... dopple lord and a ghul emerge, ghul drops while dopple follows. I dip the dagger in the last poison. Doesn't help much, dopple repeatedly confuses me, then stuns when the HP drops below 10. I die...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Nice job. I got paralysis locked by the priestess and killed within 20 turns of starting
    I lasted a bit more than 20, but not that much more. Cursed is a big disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly, Maul has created an impossible save and is dead. Soirana and Blasphemous play from blink dog save to determine winner.
    What happens if Blasphemous and Soirana both fail to get past blink dog save? Does Maul win as the only one to survive the blink dog save? If he doesn't win, then it would mean he'd have done better to die at turn 1999 than to make it to turn 2000.

That's a really interesting point. I feel like Maul should win because it would be an interesting case of someone who was cast into the abyss being the person who got the furthest. Technically whoever gets the furthest should win so I think it's totally reasonable for him to win if Soirana doesn't survive.

But if Soirana does survive and has a save file, who's to say his save file is any more doable than Maul's was? I think that's actually a more confusing outcome than if Soirana died. If Soirana survives I think he should just win to avoid confusion, it just kinda sucks for Maul if Soirana survives because they both got the same distance. Or maybe for honor's sake Soirana could try to last another 2000 turns just to prove he could do it. I don't think it matters that much since we're all just trying to have fun here.