Thread: Transformed into a quasit

Default Transformed into a quasit

Razzkatazz, L19 ratling assassin, got blinded and stunned by a door trap on d:20. Shortly thereafter some powerful monster comes along and starts pummeling poor ol' visually and mentally impaired Razzkatazz. I didn't really care about this character, because he got crowned champion of balance where I was going for a precrown, so ultra ending was no longer possible, so I gave up on Razzkatazz and let him get killed.

The message I received upon death was: "You are transformed into a quasit." So what is it that killed Razzkatazz, a greater daemon?

No idea what killed you. Sounds like a demon.

Anyways this reminded me about crowning issue on one of my characters. I was N+ and prayed to get precrowned and I got crowned instead and my alignment was N= after praying/crowning. Did same thing happen to you or were you just no paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    No idea what killed you. Sounds like a demon.

Anyways this reminded me about crowning issue on one of my characters. I was N+ and prayed to get precrowned and I got crowned instead and my alignment was N= after praying/crowning. Did same thing happen to you or were you just no paying attention?
    Same thing happened to me. I sacced monsters until absolutely close. Then I whipped myself until N+. Sacced some more monsters until extremely close. I clearly remember checking my alignment before praying, it was N+. Then I prayed, I got crowned (The Far Slayer), alignment changed to N=.

Isn't it like this: if a stat-draining monster kills you (perhaps it kills you by draining you, or brings your stats down to one, or something), you get the "transformed into a [monster]" message? I get it every so often with vampires. It looks like you got attacked by a greater daemon, which can now summon quasits - evidently one of those quasits must have gotten in the last hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Isn't it like this: if a stat-draining monster kills you (perhaps it kills you by draining you, or brings your stats down to one, or something), you get the "transformed into a [monster]" message? I get it every so often with vampires. It looks like you got attacked by a greater daemon, which can now summon quasits - evidently one of those quasits must have gotten in the last hit.
    So you got turned into a vampire on occasion? That's funny... Does it have to be a stat-draining monster that turns you into another monster?
    My guess would be that the greater daemon instead of actually killing me, turned me into one of his quasit minions.