Thread: Wizard Mode

Default Wizard Mode

Does ADOM have one? >.o Just curious. I'm tired of dieing by level 15. Kind of wondering if theres one so I can poke around the game without the fear of dieing in the next encounter

Are you talking about god mode?
    I never won a Adom game...

Basically. Nethack, Slash'em, and Soup have one for puttering around. Every time you get killed you get a Do you want to die? (Y/N) message when in Wizard mode.

pretty sure it dosent and i for one am glad. it keeps the mystery up. play more and get better if you want to see all the exotic locations in the game, we all had to. no cheaters here! I hope...maybe some save scummers but thats about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    pretty sure it dosent and i for one am glad. it keeps the mystery up. play more and get better if you want to see all the exotic locations in the game, we all had to. no cheaters here! I hope...maybe some save scummers but thats about it!
    I'm a cheater.

Yeah, occasionally I'll save-scum when I generate a really good character. Like the DarkElven Bard that started out with 5 talents...

I was in the military during the first gulf war in 1991. I never left the US, nor did I even go on a ship despite the fact that I was in the Navy for 4 years. Nonetheless, I'm considered to be a 'gulf war veteran' and I earned some ribbons for that fact alone. So on those occasions when we're talking about military life, and real veterans start talking about the times they actually got shot at, I usually feel pretty lame.

I'm getting to my point...

We all play the game in the way that we most enjoy... it's all good. But seriously, if you've savescummed your wins, and talk to people who won the game without savescumming, doesn't it make you uncomfortable in a similar kind of fashion?
    Last edited by Worst Player... ever; 03-30-2008 at 11:43 PM.
    I am averaging one win for every 10 years of play.

It does, if you use the right compile flags

Try:
    Code:
    adom -o
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/