Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with undead

Default Problem with undead

I feel like i should raise another issue - the fact that undead greater vaults exist. Undead creatures are a pain in the butt, and emperor liches are overpowered. Not only do they drain stats like it's going out of style, but they're nearly unkillable to boot, and that really is a problem, as a greater vault may just become unclearable thanks to that. And that is without even mentioning the rest of it, which can be very problematic indeed.
    Last edited by NathanGarro; 03-30-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by NathanGarro View Post
    I feel like i should raise another issue - the fact that undead greater vaults exist. Undead creatures are a pain in the butt, and emperor liches are overpowered. Not only do they drain stats like it's going out of style, but they're nearly unkillable to boot, and that really is a problem, as a greater vault may just become unclearable thanks to that.
    I think these serve fine task by being a challenge for late game artifact-clad overpowered characters.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Pretty much. Here's the thing though, like most anything in Adom, just because it's there doesn't mean you have to go and kill it! You can if you want a challenge, or safely ignore it. Your choice. You can also come back with better ammo/willpower/confuse resist.

Onto another topic, why the heck are you meleeing liches????!!! They drain your stats when you are close, that's your first clue on how to deal with them. If your ranged skill sucks, then why the heck are you attempting to kill a lich in the first place? Only 1 class exists imo that can safely melee a lich, and that's a duelist.

Now I'm curious, how is it safe for a duelist to melee a lich?

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post

don't ever think about it/10 safe

If it drains you enough strength to make you "burdened" you are pretty much screwed no ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    Well. No worries about burdening if you bookcast SoA FYI. It's safe to melee a lich with a duelist because they get an insane energy cost reducer coupled with their high speed. At grand mastery, which is easy for a duelist to get, your energy cost is about 333 which lets you get in about 3 attacks for their 1. Strategy is easy, stab 2 times, walk away, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanGarro View Post
    I feel like i should raise another issue - the fact that undead greater vaults exist. Undead creatures are a pain in the butt, and emperor liches are overpowered. Not only do they drain stats like it's going out of style, but they're nearly unkillable to boot, and that really is a problem, as a greater vault may just become unclearable thanks to that. And that is without even mentioning the rest of it, which can be very problematic indeed.
    Summons could be toned down a bit. The rest is exactly what makes tackling a greater undead vault a praiseworthy task for those who manage it.
    "And light there be!"

Well, those are good points. I just dislike the idea of skipping a vault because it happened to be undead and i didn't have the tools to deal with it. I dislike the idea of skipping a vault for any reason for that matter.

Well, you don't have to skip the vault. It's just a high-risk proposition.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I never melee liches, even minor ones, they looks to me like "dirty" in some way...
    The combination of farsight and magic missiles is my way (A LOT of MMs, anyway wizards are OP at some point), otherwise the risk with melee is an eternal battle in two high corruption levels. You never know what they can summon, can be trolls, can be balors, it could take a lot of time.
    In this way I've cleared last night TWO greater Wyrms Vaults, and I noticed a "bit" of difference in experience points (!)...I think the first time that I've reached Level 50 before D:50.