Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly D50

Default Ugly D50

After IQD (cleaning out fire vault) I breezed through the rest of the game with this ratling archer but ended up with this rare beast of a D50 tension.
    Are these "puppies" included in the monsters Fistanarius will call on ie intelligent monsters when handles are used/destroyed?
    Can I wish for "quarrels of slaying"? I'm a bit low on undead slaying ammo.

Corruptions are at the moment not an issue (I've got plenty of scrolls) but can go somewhat quick on D50 considering the challenge at hand.
    Also seems one of them already noticed me and poked out of the door.

D50rat.JPG

Preferably just close the door immediately and ignore them. You might kill those that have noticed you, if there are any.
    They don't give a shit about levers so don't worry about that.
    They are however quite capable of summoning balors, which *might* proceed to "unhandle" the switches.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

They can't smash doors, so close and lock them and you'll be alright. You can return later
    "And light there be!"

Yeah, that type of room is definitely on my AVOID AT ALL COST list. A wand of door creation and a couple keys should do the trick.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Oh but I want the challenge, I've finished enough games so it's no biggie if I die.
    Question remains, are quarrels of undead slaying a viable wish? (I have 2 spare)

Undead slaying quarrels won't be all that great at this, IMHO. That entire area is going to be filled with summons, and unless you have world class confusion resistance, well, it's going to be messy. You'll probably run out of arrows long before you run out of liches.

One option would be to wish for potions of boost willpower. Get Wi up to ~99, and use a boozed-up wand of fireballs or the spell (or acid ball) and blast them away (I'd do it behind a closed door to start). An amusing way to do it would be boost Wi, wish for speed, then teleport into the middle of them. No guarantees it would work, of, course
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Wi boost and speed is definitely doable, I've done it before in a greater vault, but it takes a supercharged wand if you're not wizard.
    Half of the bastards will heal in the middle of casting and will run around. They might summon something that is immune to fire too.
    It's good to have a greater earth elemental around to mop up the remnants.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I dont see summons as a huge issue but I need undead slayers for the empliches so I can nail them when I get a shot.
    Since they are experienced they are more beefy than ones dug up from graves and I dont count on more than 1-2shots until path gets blocked again.

On my melee chars (usually a heavy weapon or decent slayer with middling missile skills) I usually have no problem standing just outside the door and meleeing everything to death as they walk out. I usually find these tension rooms way easier to deal with than vaults - there's just not much room to summon which helps a lot. When space clears I'd use missiles/LoS to lure an emp out or (if only 1 near) maybe even walk in to melee it.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    On my melee chars (usually a heavy weapon or decent slayer with middling missile skills) I usually have no problem standing just outside the door and meleeing everything to death as they walk out. I usually find these tension rooms way easier to deal with than vaults - there's just not much room to summon which helps a lot. When space clears I'd use missiles/LoS to lure an emp out or (if only 1 near) maybe even walk in to melee it.
    I'm with you on this one, the tension rooms are much easier. Not to mention emperor liches don't heal up until their hp gets pretty low, so you can safely "soften them up" with wand of far slaying, then use less slaying ammo to kill the remainder.

Edit: undead slaying ammo is considered a separate item not a ego so it should be wishable. Don't know how many you get though, maybe test it on exploration?
    Last edited by Blank4u47; 04-05-2016 at 03:07 PM.