Thread: ADOM on OpenWrt (MIPS architecture)?

Default ADOM on OpenWrt (MIPS architecture)?

Hello,

has anyone attempted to get ADOM running under OpenWrt? There are no MIPS binaries on ancardia.com. I looked for a port of dosemu or other means of DOS emulation, but couldn't find anything either.

Battery-backed routers would open some interesting possibilities, like keeping your character safe from power failures, or perhaps running a portable server. If there's enough interest on this, me and my TP-LINK MR3040 would volunteer for testing

On a sidenote, I did get ADOM to run on an ARM-based Windows CE 6 smartbook through DOSBoxPPC. It was a bit slow, but it worked.
    "And light there be!"

Hi,

if with "running" you mean to use SSH to access the router and then to start ADOM from a shell? If yes, I think this should work.

To create the binary we would need to use a MIPS cross compiler. The only other requirement for ADOM to work is a "curses" library, but this is already available for OpenWrt.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    if with "running" you mean to use SSH to access the router and then to start ADOM from a shell?
    Yes, either SSH (which is the default) or Telnet.

If yes, I think this should work.

To create the binary we would need to use a MIPS cross compiler. The only other requirement for ADOM to work is a "curses" library, but this is already available for OpenWrt.
    Sounds great, hope it can be done
    "And light there be!"