Thread: Blink dogs in ID

Default Blink dogs in ID

I am under the strong impression that blink dogs summon far less friends in ID than in other dungeons. I was hunting blink dogs in ID, and when I finally found one, it summoned 5 or 6 of his friends, and nothing more after several hundreds of turns. About 5 minutes later I got bored, said to myself "ah screw it", and went to the UD instead. On UD4 I found another blink dog, and it summoned several dozens of its friends within 50 or so turns.

So, is it just me or do blink dogs behave differently in the infinite dungeon?

Are you sure that you didn't kill the original one by accident? The summons don't typically summon new blinkies.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I named the original one Cutiepie and made sure he stayed alive. Cutiepie summoned 5 or 6 new blinkies, and after that, nothing.

EDIT: This is not the first time it's happened, I always have trouble finding BD corpses in ID, I never have trouble finding them anyplace else.
    Last edited by mjz15; 04-09-2016 at 09:40 AM.

As someone who has just played in the finals of the recent Weakest Link... nope. Absolutely not. And the summons also start summoning new blinkies after a long period of time, it's just that they seem to start off "exhausted" and take a long time to get the energy to summon new blinkies.

Quote Originally Posted by mjz15 View Post
    I named the original one Cutiepie and made sure he stayed alive. Cutiepie summoned 5 or 6 new blinkies, and after that, nothing.

EDIT: This is not the first time it's happened, I always have trouble finding BD corpses in ID, I never have trouble finding them anyplace else.
    I've had better respawn rates when the blink dogs are injured.
    Remove you weapon and give it a jab and a punch.

Ran into a Blink Dog in the weekly challenge run yesterday that summoned lots, and lots of allies.

I think summoned Blink Dogs have the ability to summon friends also, but on a drastically increased cooldown. If you found a doggie that summoned once and then went hundreds of turns without summoning more it sure sounds like it was a summon dog. But what do I know.

Guess it's my imagination telling me weird little lies.

Quote Originally Posted by mjz15 View Post
    Guess it's my imagination telling me weird little lies.
    Depends on which version you play. Summoners at some point were limited, then unlimited, then nerfed, then readjusted... to the point that it's hard to tell how they function in the past. R60+ they should summon quite reasonably [TWL had at minimum two summoning blinkies by the way]
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)