Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Likely to be eaten by a grue"

Default "Likely to be eaten by a grue"

Hello

Havent found any discussions of this anywhere, so I'll try with a new thread.

I've been playing my hurthling necro whos doing quite well, but I'm a little worried about getting the "You are ikely to be eatn by a grue" message when entering dark rooms.

Problem is that I'm not doomed since I tried removing all equipment and getting crowned and then trying to enter a dark room. This still produces the message.

Is there anything I've missed that could cause dooming? I have had a few crashed which recovered flawlessly, but will playing after a crash be regarded as a savescum by ADOM and thus incur some unknow penalties?

NB. I Have not been saving myself. I have recovered by ADOM's built in recovery mechanics.

/koeteren

Unless you insight'd yourself, you can't be entirely sure... but not being doomed can still cause the message.

Oh yes, sorry that I didnt mention it.

I have also insighted myself and Im not doomed.

/koeteren

As far as I know, this message appears randomly upon entering darkened areas even if you aren't doomed.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Default Grues

The messege is a throw-back to a much older game... :)

Bird2234- which much older game?

stillcen

Gruesome.

Just Kidding. It should be Rogue I think, although I remember them in Zork too. Bah, my knowledge is weak.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Pretty sure they originated in (he spoilered, so do i) Zork... or so I recall....
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Yeah, in Zork they were introduced to stop players wandering about with no light sources. Funny how it evolved into such a nerd fad...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I remember something eating you while trying to rest at night out of the city in Quest for Glory