Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The legal death cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    necromancers like a crappier version of a wizard so you can beat the game faster 
    Well, necros are crappy version of wizards.

Going obscene lengths to prove yourself opposite... is not productive.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, necros are crappy version of wizards.

Going obscene lengths to prove yourself opposite... is not productive.
    It's hardly an "obscene length" to use shadow touch. it's easy; unequip weapon when pp is low. Hit some chaotic enemies, re-equip weapon, blast away. Soooooooooooooooooooo hard....

Necro's are much more fun than boring wizards.

Playing this game is not productive. I could have done sooo many more important things in the time I wasted doing weird stuff in adom.
    But it was fun and that's the main principle here. Doesn't matter if it's inefficient or unproductive.
    All that matters is if you enjoy it or not.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Blank, how is your run going?

I'm Lvl 20, cleared Forge, satisfied ratling, got =otHK.

I'm missing ! of CC for Baba Yaga This prevents switching to L or N for Crowning.

I'm missing AoLS for Khelly

It seems like I should do the Queen, but this is my first game back after about 3 years away, so I haven't done it yet ever. Any advice for an ice noob?

I'm thinking of draining pools in DF for wish, but am concerned about losing TC. Thoughts?

Just to note I'm not a grinder, so I usually don't just jump into the ID. Most games I visit it only for the scepter or the quickling bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Baranor View Post
    Blank, how is your run going?

I'm Lvl 20, cleared Forge, satisfied ratling, got =otHK.

I'm missing ! of CC for Baba Yaga This prevents switching to L or N for Crowning.

I'm missing AoLS for Khelly

It seems like I should do the Queen, but this is my first game back after about 3 years away, so I haven't done it yet ever. Any advice for an ice noob?

I'm thinking of draining pools in DF for wish, but am concerned about losing TC. Thoughts?

Just to note I'm not a grinder, so I usually don't just jump into the ID. Most games I visit it only for the scepter or the quickling bard.

My run is still at the same place, personal life seems to be getting in the way of Adom

IQD isn't bad, use mummy wrapping for cold immunity, don't kill anything except berserker prince/ hoard behind him. In the windy room take off weapon shield and helmet, watch out for drowning dmg.

Invisibility helps a ton in here, and the main goal is to talk to ice queen. One of her rewards in ! Of CC. The main benefit is the FGJC's there's tons of Giants and a guaranteed greater vault in lvl 5. Don't bother with a pool, 3/5 game of mine I get a wish from greater vault.

The more you kill in IQD, the more hostile the environment gets.
    AMW and blessed ring of fire negate cold damage and equipment damage respectively.
    Yetis in the section with berserkers can be swapped with if they don't see you so like Blank said, use invis or just hack your way through.
    In the ice versus fire battle room, beware of fire creatures if they win - these can be extremely experienced and will quickly put your HP to negative.
    If ice creatures win, they are non-hostile until you pick up any items.
    Frozen lake can withstand 3k weight instead of the the regular 2k.
    Preferably, don't touch the chaos diplomat there until you get the respective quest.
    Spoiler ahead.

EDIT: Forgot the most important bit in your case Baranor - one of the rewards for the early quests for Ice Queen is a bunch of PoCCs. I don't know how she treats chaotics though, could be she refuses to give them quests altogether.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-11-2016 at 10:31 PM.

The ice queen does not give quests to chaotics. By the time gaab-baay wants a potion of cure corruption, she no longer requires chaotic align (only needs it to receive boar skull quest).
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

I like the queen level. Definitely a death trap for the uninitiated. So many easy ways to die in there. Not reading how limited in use the items on the other side of the dungeon are, I descended to find a Titan next to the stairs. Two hits took me to 25% health and only a crystal of darkness saved me because I still have not found a spellbook of darkness (but 2 of Acid Ball so go figure). The rest was pretty easy if a bit tedious due to the various restrictions in the rooms. I love the war of Ice and Fire! So creative. Satisfied Baba, now I'm on the cusp of getting crowned either Lawful or Neutral. Thoughts? Seems like a Lawful necromancer is funny. Still need the Life Saving for Khelly. May have to scum pools at the risk of TP Control. At this point I should only die to stupidity. Probably should clear the greater Fire Vault with my Frost Bolt of holy crap so much frost bolt. One of the dragons might drop a want, ring or amulet. I'm really having fun with this challenge.

Lawfuls benefit from silvernight's reduction of wish bookcast cost - 2250 instead of 4500.
    With 7LB, that 24 hours translates to a lot of wishes cast at reduced cost.
    You will need that for the archmage route.

I also find that it's easier to remain lawful as a necro than as neutral. Kill some things, then you gain law points