Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The legal death cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Which necro ability helps with Wish casting?

Shadow touch. Even if the chance to instantly gain mana is low, you can still bookcast high level spells then gain back the pp fast, then repeat. This trains mana very fast as long as you have potential. With my necro's by lvl 40 even my hurthlings have 60-80 mana. This is much harder to achieve with other caster classes, as scrolls of power are not an unlimited resource.

Ok, did they re-balance spell book spawning? I've found more that 10 Frost Bolt books. My learning is has never been higher than 11 and I have 1190 casting and still have 2 books in my pack.

Necros naturally find a crapload of frost bolt books. The other books do eventually drop but be prepared to every third or fourth being frost bolt.
    That was the case with my necro. The good part is that the sinister library offers the same stuff that wizards get so you will eventually obtain every spell.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I guess I've just usually gotten bored with necros. This is crazy!

Level 15. About to clear dark forge. Possibly diving to Khelly before to see if there is anything fun between the forest and him.
    Last edited by Baranor; 05-11-2016 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Char Update

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Shadow touch. Even if the chance to instantly gain mana is low, you can still bookcast high level spells then gain back the pp fast, then repeat. This trains mana very fast as long as you have potential. With my necro's by lvl 40 even my hurthlings have 60-80 mana. This is much harder to achieve with other caster classes, as scrolls of power are not an unlimited resource.
    ?? Hobbits start with 60 Mana potential... Really??
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

?? Hobbits start with 60 Mana potential... Really??
    Thanks for the sarcasm but you are apparently reading into this wrongly. Obviously with slightly intelligent usage of common potions in combination with shadow touch you can easily gain high mana scores. Hurthlings are just the example I used, it would be much easier with an elf or gnome of course.

My only archmage was a hurthling necromancer who closed the gate before casting wish, I had to cast from hp around 3 times total and my mana was 99 at the start of casting. By the time I hit d50 I was book casting create item and gaining back the pp very fast. When I found a potion of potential mana, which is very often, I would gain mana at every random stat increase chance. When I reached my max potential, I would continue unarmed combat and occasionally gain a mana point. With the pp gain of 1 pp per level per 4 mana points, on silvernight, with clothes of power, you can bookcast wish easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    By the time I hit d50 I was book casting create item and gaining back the pp very fast. When I found a potion of potential mana, which is very often, I would gain mana at every random stat increase chance. When I reached my max potential, I would continue unarmed combat and occasionally gain a mana point. With the pp gain of 1 pp per level per 4 mana points, on silvernight, with clothes of power, you can bookcast wish easily.
    I so wonder why to be a caster if you tend to use unarmed that much...

My problem is that, i'd rather normally cast acid ball and press on than dwindle with shadow touch and useless spells like Create Item.

Even for archmage... down some boost mana pots (for starting wishes -- use these on anticoruption scrolls) and use mana orb. You will be at maxed mana in under ten minutes. So it might be cute, but in the end it is lots of time spent on non-vital stuff.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

I so wonder why to be a caster if you tend to use unarmed that much...

My problem is that, i'd rather normally cast acid ball and press on than dwindle with shadow touch and useless spells like Create Item.

Even for archmage... down some boost mana pots (for starting wishes -- use these on anticoruption scrolls) and use mana orb. You will be at maxed mana in under ten minutes. So it might be cute, but in the end it is lots of time spent on non-vital stuff.
    Why press on? Who's chasing you? Is there a time limit of some sort that I have never heard about?
    Not everything has to be optimized and time-efficient.
    PC isn't forced to make the most out of as little as possible.
    I played my necro bare-handed just to have fun draining stuff and getting occasional mana increases.
    It doesn't matter it's inefficient or unnecessary for archmage, it was enjoyable and did the job.
    As long as it works and remains being fun, nothing else matters.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Why press on? Who's chasing you? Is there a time limit of some sort that I have never heard about?
    Not everything has to be optimized and time-efficient.
    PC isn't forced to make the most out of as little as possible.
    I played my necro bare-handed just to have fun draining stuff and getting occasional mana increases.
    It doesn't matter it's inefficient or unnecessary for archmage, it was enjoyable and did the job.
    As long as it works and remains being fun, nothing else matters.
    If you want to look from roleplay perpspective....

So your char is mage capable to cast every spell (cause necro visited library for wish book anyway) and you insist on bashing monsters with your bare hand for 'reasons'.

Well, it's good that you guys enjoy particular type of grind, but what's the point in it?

If you want to look from roleplay perpspective....

So your char is mage capable to cast every spell (cause necro visited library for wish book anyway) and you insist on bashing monsters with your bare hand for 'reasons'.

Well, it's good that you guys enjoy particular type of grind, but what's the point in it?
    Look at it from a roleplay perspective, you are able to cast any spell in the game, and you insist on fighting bare handed to take advantage of your ultimate dread power, allowing you _unlimited_ castings_ I'd definitely consider that "reasons"

How is this grind?? Yes, 99 mana without orb is a grind, but the ability by itself allows a more efficient caster because you don't have to use up all your scrolls of power, nor wait in between casings for pp regen.