Thread: Fire giant king OP

Default Fire giant king OP

Troll archer crowned with Boots, killed from 200 HP by a fire giant king in one hit. Please nerf.

Wow. Think he got a critical hit. Missle combat has a 2-5 times critical range.

Was it in melee or with a rock?
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

In melee, couldn't kill him before he got to me. The worst part is, he got me to 1 HP, and immediately hit me again in the same round.

I can confirm that fire giant kings can be deadly in melee, more than they should.
    Had my own fair share of deaths due to their attacks.
    They are arguably as powerful as titans, at least the greater vault variety seems to be.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Remember that vault monsters are massively overleveled compared to their regular counterparts (including those in the frost giant caves). Fire giant kings are definitely an endgame-level monster though (DL 32 at last count), and need to be treated with respect. In the ToEF, they're nearly on par with the Wyrm as far as threat level goes.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

If they decide not to throw rocks for whatever reason, they are much easier to kill at range than the ACW. I find that with a high DV and the ankh it's almost impossible to die in one hit from their rocks so they should be pretty easy to dispatch by the time you're in the ToEF. Unless of course they show up while you're fighting the ACW...

Yeah, but as an archer, you can safely have no fear from their rocks anyways, it'd be silly to melee a giant King.

Coward mode + wand of cold works pretty well.
    "And light there be!"

Archers have lousy HP by design and that's OK. One just doesn't melee giant kings. You know, you have to use your bow.