Thread: Weekly Challenge issue

Default Weekly Challenge issue

Hello there,

So, anyone who has been playing weekly challenges will no doubt have noticed that for some really weird reason it loves to give us gray elf characters. Not only that, but now it is also re-using gray elf classes from previous challenges as well, for example this week's is gray elf monk, which was also the week 11 challenge.

So I'm wondering what is going on ? When I saw it used only gray elves up until now I figured it was going to do some kind of rotation, but apparently that is not the case?

@Devs is this mode working as intended?

/Couchy

Edit: Looking through past challenges now, Gray Elf Druid also seems popular, as the pick for weeks 17 and 10.
    Gray Elf Mindcrafter: Week 15 and 8.
    Gray Elf Weaponsmith: Week 13 and 6.

Really, game? :/

Edit #2: Quick plug for the Adom Crowd Players group on Steam where we do group weekly challenge high scores. Good fun, if you're into such. Verified the repeat weekly classes using the high score archive.
    Last edited by Couchfighter; 05-04-2016 at 01:18 AM.

Hello. Four months later and we are still gray elves with repeating classes. Will there be some improved randomisation or attention applied to the challenge mode?

Ravenmore did reply to a topic I made about this on the Steam discussions suggesting it might just be freak randomness (I think we can safely rule that out, by now) and that they would look into it, but I haven't heard anything since that.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    Ravenmore did reply to a topic I made about this on the Steam discussions suggesting it might just be freak randomness (I think we can safely rule that out, by now) and that they would look into it, but I haven't heard anything since that.
    Yeah, tb has replied to numerous RFE's and bugs this past week, but I havnt seen him reply to this yet. There is a bug report for it right?

I have no idea what a RFE is and I'd say the original post serves as a bug report, no ?

Lol, not at all! I'll place a bug report then. You look at the "projects" tab to place a bug report.

Allright thanks for the info Blank4u47, since I couldnt find the bug report from you in the projects tab I went ahead and wrote one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    Allright thanks for the info Blank4u47, since I couldnt find the bug report from you in the projects tab I went ahead and wrote one up.
    Yeah, sorry. I was still looking into the specifics before I reported it, you did a much better job than I would have

Frankly I'm still waiting for some 'F'emale characters to be rolled up as options for the challenge, that's been a minor irritant for me since 2016 and it seems to be going strong still..
    Kudos on the bug report. I just don't know if this version is a bug or a feature
    You constantly practice. You feel exhausted!