Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shop prices

Default shop prices

While I know new spawned items get a higher pricetag is there a way to make sure current items in shop stays the same price?
    Is it enough to not move any items?

Normally this doesn't matter much but hey Waldenbrook is selling Preserver! for 69k gold, far from unattainable in the midgame.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Normally this doesn't matter much but hey Waldenbrook is selling Preserver! for 69k gold, far from unattainable in the midgame.
    Man up and steal it.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I almost never steal from waldenbrook but it's actually not really that hard if you haven't sold him any si. Just kinda wreck him with whatever wands and scrolls you have. Also put on preserver if you have a turn to do so. If you don't have teleport capabilities maybe don't steal it and just hold onto your si until you have enough money to buy it.

Honestly if you can kill the snake from beyond you can kill waldenbrook, besides waldenbrook being faster.

Easiest way is probably just to sell him lots of stuff. Usually shops don't restock (or increase prices) if they've got a big inventory. Load him up with a bunch of trash and he should be fine.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

just accumulate SI and sell it to shop in High Mountain Village for the best price, shouldn't take long to get that much

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    just accumulate SI and sell it to shop in High Mountain Village for the best price, shouldn't take long to get that much
    Oh I wasnt worried about the money as such, just that prices increase but maybe only after "wrath of shopkeepers" and on new stuff, possibly if char/app gets lowered a lot.
    Got the money, got preserver.

move Preserver to next to the door, go outside the shop and down a Potion of invisibility and hope that he doesn't spot you before you pick it up ...
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Waldenbrooks selling preservers are dangerous deals. Usually meaning a dead shopkeeper and an angry town somewhere.
    That is, if the potion of invis doesn't work and I'm outta cash.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I wonder if it is possible ot Haggle for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    move Preserver to next to the door, go outside the shop and down a Potion of invisibility and hope that he doesn't spot you before you pick it up ...
    I have never been able to invi-rob Waldenbrook. He always reacts exactly as if I were visible, even prior to the "stares at your position with great intensity" message. The only means I know are teleporting away with the item(s), having a powerful pet slaughter him, or (in 1.1.1) kick-robbing.

If the Dwarftown altar was generated lawful (or converted to chaotic), with a wand of door creation, some speed and luck, you could also lure and sacrifice him there...
    "And light there be!"