Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help of the Tower of Eternal Flames

Thanks! Switched out the rings for High Kings and that Ring of Speed. Switched out the Ankh for a Amulet of Rapid Regeneration... Think it will help in replacement of a ring of regeneration.

Also. for the bracers, they are just RNG Fodder.

Still miss the ring of ice, your 7LB are going to burn as well your cloak..worn cloacks burns even with the ring equipped..solution is high metal gear (iron melts), the ankh equipped, and everything that burn stored in the backpack protected by blankets..

So does the Ankh help? I know it grants lucky, but does it do anything else? And yes, I have some decent boots somewhere... As for the cloak I do not have a metal replacement so... Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFalcon View Post
    So does the Ankh help? I know it grants lucky, but does it do anything else? And yes, I have some decent boots somewhere... As for the cloak I do not have a metal replacement so... Oh well.
    Ankh increase durability of the blankets, I usually keep the cloack slot empty (unless I have an artifact cloack)...7LB are the most precious thing you have, I would drop 'em in the entrance of CoC before enter the tower anyway..

Ankh also won't be destroyed and gives dv/pv which is nice for a place as tough as the tower. Also remember that you have teleport control now so if you become neutral you can get a ring of ice from the dwarven mystic in dwarf town (the guy in the 2x2 room that can only be accessed through teleportation).

Also if you do that, make sure that your ring of ice is blessed.

There are no metal replacements for cloaks. Cloaks are, as far as I'm concerned, more flammable than paper in ADOM, so if you have a decent one, you may as well just unequip it in the ToEF, even if you have a Ring of Ice.

Ankh gives [+2,+2], as well as Luck, Fate Smiles, and luck (the other kind). Luck bonuses are all stackable, and has a fairly strong effect. One very simple example of this is that luck basically acts in exactly the same way as Willpower for resisting confusion attacks. The ankh effectively adds +8 or so to your Wi score as far as confusion resist is concerned. With your Wi as low as it is, that will be a big help against the Wyrm (as will equipping water orb in tool slot instead of your pickaxe).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Cool! Will re-equip. However, I am chaotic as of now, and therefore will not talk to the dwarf. And those SLB's are not coming with me... Would I be worth re-entering the water cave now that I can teleport to steal some items? I have darkness so that is good too. She may have a ring of ice for me, and I have a waterproof blanket to protect my inventory. Otherwise, I am almost to the animated forest atm, and then on to the water temple.

Anyway, in my experience having more than one fireproof blanket does not increase your time in the tower without the ring, I saw three blankets going one after one in few turns...I think they take damage all the same time..

Darkness is... not so helpful in Water Dragon Cave anymore. I haven't honestly experimented with it, but with your current HP, that sounds crazy risky to me.

If you aren't feeling comfortable going to the Tower, I think the Ice Queen Domain is probably your best bet. You can get through most of it quite easily/quickly with your ring of invisibility, and gain access to the Frost Giant Caves. Definitely worth a visit, especially for a caster. If the greater vault is favourable (ie. non-undead), you can probably gain 5-10 levels and get a mountain of high level gear out of it. You'll need lots spell castings though, much more than you had showed on your last .vlg.

If you are a thief guild member and have lots of cash on hand, you could spend a pile on Climbing training. Going to the Library might be a good option for you, but you need 100 Climbing, so you're probably many levels away.

[edit]I don't think having stacks of blankets is helpful, no. Luck (ie. wearing the ankh) is very helpful though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

The water dragon cave is virtual suicide to rob at your stage (or sometimes ever). Blessed ring of ice is enormously valuable as people have mentioned, potentially worth changing align over - but it's ok to just replace all your gear with higher metals instead. I think crystal is fire-resistant (not sure) so the helm can stay, but if not you'll definitely want to exchange it as well. That piece is incredibly good and you don't want to lose it.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE