Thread: A Hypothetical Question about Doom

Default A Hypothetical Question about Doom

Hello guys, I wanted to ask an interesting question. One of my characters awhile back found a javelin, which was equipped and found to be Doomed. This lead me to my first question:

#1: Can monsters be Doomed as well?

If the first is true, let's say I find a high level Baylor and throw my javelin at him. If he picks it up, he should be doomed, right? This leads me to my second question:

#2: Does Doom penalize a monster to the same degree it does a player (only if 1 is true)

Because if it does, that could be a useful item!

Thanks in advance, CDFalcon
    Last edited by CDFalcon; 05-09-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Would be a cool feature, but a monster can only gain effects from the pv/DV. Additionally they can trigger auto cursing items, so it can be a trapped item detector.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Would be a cool feature, but a monster can only gain effects from the pv/DV. Additionally they can trigger auto cursing items, so it can be a trapped item detector.
    They're also affected by speed modifiers on items, and can drink potions of invisibility and healing, and that's about it.

Note that as an easily-removable source of the intrinsic, javelins of doom are already useful to accelerate the finding of certain wilderness encounters
    "And light there be!"