Thread: Stupid Question - Reloadable Game?

Default Stupid Question - Reloadable Game?

I can't figure out how to reload a game when using the "Reloadable Game" setting in ADOM. I'm using r65 right now. When my character dies (two different ones now), the death screen still looks the same, and when I try to reload a game, their save file is gone, like on a normal "hardcore" run. Am I missing something obvious?

Don't know about that setting, but when you (r)eload a game, it just loads up games you previously (s)aved.

This is one of the settings in the new interface. You get to choose some options when first generating a character. One of them is the "Death" settings. You can either keep it to the classic perma-death, or you can set it to "Reloadable Game", which is supposed to make you be able to restore saves after death. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by daft inquisitor View Post
    This is one of the settings in the new interface. You get to choose some options when first generating a character. One of them is the "Death" settings. You can either keep it to the classic perma-death, or you can set it to "Reloadable Game", which is supposed to make you be able to restore saves after death. But it doesn't seem to be working.
    R65 is rather broken, I would not recommend playing it.

slightly older versions shad some story mode, iirc.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)