Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mindcrafter Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post

By the way how is grinding PP not a pointless hassle? Why not to memory edit yourself 10k PP and be done?
    Because grinding PP is probably wayyyyy easier than grinding for Wish. He can set his own parameters for his own challenge that he made up, although I see where you're coming from in terms of what's the point.

The point is that I forgot "tingle skin" room and silvernight stack so I don't have to grind PP at all.
    I can already bookcast wish.
    Satiation is the problem though because after casting wish, I'm still bloated, but second casting starves me to death.
    Besides, grinding PP is *much* less of a hassle because you actually see the results right away.
    You have a number of ways to grind it so it's not that boring.
    Grinding the spellbook of wish is such a problem because of its randomity and unpredictability - I could do a number of forest or bdc runs and collect spellbooks for months and still not get the book.

Again Soirana, your comparison of obtaining the spellbook of wish the way I did, with memory editing 10k pp to cast it, is at best baffling and at worst stupid.
    Everybody knows that the challenge is actually casting it, not finding it. I couldn't care less though; in the context of adom or games in general "challenge game" ain't in my vocabulary.

EDIT: Oh, I took a look at that barb archmage you posted, where you said it can't be harder than that.
    Well, I disagree, MC archmage is vastly harder than barb archmage, especially when you consider changes between prereleases.
    That guy did a ring wish engine first and generated the book that way. Gimme any time.
    He used massive gremlin bombing for extra stuff.
    None of these two methods are doable anymore.
    Barbarians are actually better at learning spells than mindcrafters, in case you didn't know.

Anyway Soirana I don't much care what you think about this whole mindcrafter archmage, if you so dislike the fact I cheated then don't follow the thread and just ignore it instead of posting useless comments.
    It's not like I'm going to compete with other highscores or brag about doing this shit.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-20-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I think that Barbarian archmage might have been able to actually take on the tiny girl, even with the dog alive. Maybe.

In case you wondered, I died horribly. Not sure what I did wrong with the candy but she got hostile and destroyed me. Lesson learned: never, ever attempt to melee the tiny girl.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    It's not like I'm going to compete with other highscores or brag about doing this shit.
    Isn't posting on forums is like... a definition of bragging?

It's your game, so you can do whatever you want, but overall I was under impression that games which involve straight cheating should remain private business, since they do not contribute to neither the game, nor community...

p.s. Darren used to insist that mindcrafter archmage was done on one of servers. The guy never read the book although, just used absurd amount of pots of wonder.
    Last edited by Soirana; 05-20-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Isn't posting on forums is like... a definition of bragging?

It's your game, so you can do whatever you want, but overall I was under impression that games which involve straight cheating should remain private business, since they do not contribute to neither the game, nor community...

p.s. Darren used to insist that mindcrafter archmage was done on one of servers. The guy never read the book although, just used absurd amount of pots of wonder.
    ...no. Posting on the forums is not like bragging. Posting on the forums is like talking. To people who have similar interests. You are allowed to brag, but just posting isn't considerd bragging.

Besides, he originally posted to ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    ...no. Posting on the forums is not like bragging. Posting on the forums is like talking. To people who have similar interests.
    Are you implying this is cheater's forum?

Man, how the times have changed... previously people just used cheating in adom yahoo group. You know for things like distributing AdomBot...
    Last edited by Soirana; 05-20-2016 at 11:20 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Lmfao.... You are too much. I've never met someone who was as good as you at twisting an argument.

No, it's not a cheaters forum. All of our similar interests are ADOM. We post here to talk about ADOM, not necessarily to brag or ask for advice.

No, it's not a cheaters forum. All of our similar interests are ADOM.
    We speak about roguelike with permadeath, which creator explicitly asked not to poke in the code.... And you advocate cheating...

I am officially clueless.

How the f**k am I advocating cheating???????? You cherry pick arguments to justify a very poorly phrased argument of your own.

Btw, I consider re-rolling characters cheating. In my eyes you are a huge cheater. But I've never given you grief for it because I know it's just my own opinion. Blas. Has stated in the OP that he save cheated. So he's not bragging OBVIOUSLY. He's asking for ideas, and you can't get off your high horse and stop picking on this one point when it's not even the main discussion.

You are a troll.

Speaking of which, where's that troll necro you promised?

How the f**k am I advocating cheating???????? You cherry pick arguments to justify a very poorly phrased argument of your own.
    Okay, posting on forums is not bragging in general. Posting a wall of text typically is either bragging or spam (I haven't bothered to read it all honestly), despite the fact if there is any question s at the end of it.

Blas. Has stated in the OP that he save cheated.
    And I asked what is the point of posting cheated chars on forums. Still waiting for answer. I am inclined to believe point is gathering group of cheating enjoyers, who reveal themseleves through rigorous support of him.

I also don't get what is so specific about mindcrafters gathering enough PP. They get more PP per level.
    Chuck few potions of wonder and bokcast something in wilderness travels, mana will go up rather quickly.

You are a troll.
    You can look up my statue in ADOM wikia (it mentions Soirana in description).

Speaking of which, where's that troll necro you promised?
    In same place as my video card. With NViDIA reelasing new family of video cards in less than month, I can't justify buying new one now. (especially given price tag of that family)