Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mindcrafter Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I laughed to tears.

They 'stack' cause 50% limitation is of base cost.
    If you have less than 100 casting, displayed cost is multied x base. Naturally that multiplier can be compensated with other multipliers like mana battery.

Study,lol.
    You speak as if that was common knowledge. It's not.
    I've always tried to avoid casting anything with sub 100 spell knowledge because of the mounting PP cost, so this is unknown land to me.
    When you consider the cost reductions that I have, it's not so clear anymore.
    Anyway, like I said earlier, this is good because it's the knowledge that would be next to impossible to obtain without experimenting first.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    You speak as if that was common knowledge. It's not.
    I've always tried to avoid casting anything with sub 100 spell knowledge because of the mounting PP cost, so this is unknown land to me.
    When you consider the cost reductions that I have, it's not so clear anymore.
    Anyway, like I said earlier, this is good because it's the knowledge that would be next to impossible to obtain without experimenting first.
    In the essence of it:
    final_cost = base * Max (0.5, x1*x2*x3*x4*x5)*(y1*y2); (it's crude summarization Adom handles it in complicated way)
    In which x1, y1 etc are modifiers.
    I think it is mostly known that almost all modifiers go through comparing vs 0.5, except of bookcasting (otherwise wizards would cancel out it through knowledge and class powers) and charging room (that is probably bug).

If you ever tried cost Acid ball like at 80 spell points with lv50 wizard who has reasonable knowledge of it, you would notice that cost is actually not mounting (probably, it's been a while since I had lv50 wizard).
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Plenty of interesting things:
    I reached 11k+ in PP, which is the upper limit.
    I wished for around 300 potions of wonder, which allowed me to increase wish spell knowledge to 100+.
    Despite being out of silvernight, mana battery and skin tingle room combined put me at 1920 PP cost of wish, which in turn translates to 2880 bookcasting cost.
    This means I can bookcast wish 3 times per mana orb use, almost 4 if not for the max PP limitation.
    I have already maxed out all skills and obtained 100+ poga to rebuild my stats.
    I also have lots of useful scrolls and now I'm wishing for potions of quickling blood to make a trivial game even more trivial, because why the hell not.
    Unfortunately, wishes for weapon marks at 1 Le aren't very effective; I have some learning boosters but I don't really feel the need to max this out.
    I'm already fairly close to axe grandmastery for my executor and that is more than enough.
    Might decide to feed aotme to the ratling when I move on to the chaotic quests.

What I am most interested in, is what kind of damage GTB will deal with maxed stats and how will the other MC's mental skills function.

Might decide to feed aotme to the ratling when I move on to the chaotic quests.
    Wow haha that is truly blasphemous.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

What I am most interested in, is what kind of damage GTB will deal with maxed stats and how will the other MC's mental skills function.
    GTB damage and mindcraft power in general depends much more on character level than on stats (i.e. Willpower), so you might be a bit disappointed.

For example, when you unlock GTB at character lvl 30, the damage is 38d6 for Wi40 and 50d6 for Wi100.

I am a bit disappointed, it's only 69d6 now, at max level and 99 Wi.
    I did read the calculations in manual but I was hoping maybe something was changed.
    It would be nice if the damaged scaled better with willpower or have a minor impact from mana score.

I'd say that's good enough! 69-414 dmg is on average 241, which can often kill an emperor lich in 2 hits, which is what I mainly use GTB for.

Question; does more dmg increase the chances of breaking a section of wall with GTB?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Question; does more dmg increase the chances of breaking a section of wall with GTB?
    Apparently not.
    I did destroy some walls but I noticed no tangible difference between GTB at around lvl 35, with regular stats and archmaged lvl 50, fully pimped, all-go-no-quit MC.
    Had to try several times to connect some caverns at the bottom of the BDC.

I'm farming BDC for artifacts. With 1k speed, it's a pretty safe endeavor (for destructible items which I probably don't need) and a fun thing when you can just GTB random ancient karmic stuff and quickling royalty.

Wyrmlance, Perion, Death's Blade and Protector so far.
    All found in DL4 randomly. The general rule is that an artifact drops every 40-50k stones of items, which translates to around 100 ancient blue dragons.
    I mined out the entire level to streamline monster generation, it's bigger than even big room.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 06-09-2016 at 08:24 PM.