Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mindcrafter Archmage

Lol, I don't know what the point of posting a cheating character is either, but I still enjoy the theoretical discussion that follows.

As for the video card... that sucks. Was wondering why you never installed another. Guess that answers it.

Eto po lubvi LUL
    Freedom through action!

this started out a good thread - GL with the PP grind Blasph! I like to dig a tunnel in BDC for safe magic missile bounces but they stop being able to find me after a while...

sorry people have to take their personal problems out on your nice archmage attempt :> maybe whiners should just do their own challenge instead?

How many powerpoints do you get from using the mana orb once? How much corruption does it inflict?

I wonder if it is possible to start a positive feedback loop by writing scrolls of chaos resistance and use them to clear the corruption from the mana orb, using wishes to gain more writing sets.. blank scrolls are essentially free (wipe ratling pamphlets).

Unfortunately, writing SoCR will drain your mana as well IIRC, so not sure this is worth it.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    How many powerpoints do you get from using the mana orb once? How much corruption does it inflict?

I wonder if it is possible to start a positive feedback loop by writing scrolls of chaos resistance and use them to clear the corruption from the mana orb, using wishes to gain more writing sets.. blank scrolls are essentially free (wipe ratling pamphlets).

Unfortunately, writing SoCR will drain your mana as well IIRC, so not sure this is worth it.
    Would definately be worth it for a monk archmage!

Well, right now I'm blocked by the satiation drain that is simply excessive when bookcasting wish.
    I have 12 scrolls of chaos resistance and something like 7 potions of cure corruption plus there is the unicorn quest.
    This would probably allow me to go through a number of mana orb uses.
    However, the issue is in determining how much satiation is drained relative to HP drain.
    If it drops to a much lower amount, when bookcasting drains just a few potions of HP, then I suppose that's the way to go.
    Sadly this is some unexplored land.
    Also, I have never had any problems with insufficient PP on an MC, to the point where it's now at least equal to that of a similar wizard or even higher.
    As for training mana, that's out of question since as far as I know, training by casting spells and restoring PP works when you have not met your potentials.
    I have all my attributes at maximum potential already.

To Soirana:
    I'm not bragging, I'm not doing a challenge game, I'm not advocating cheating or any of the nonsensical conclusions you have so far drawn from my post.
    In fact, it is exactly as Blank stated - I'm engaging in discussion about one of my favorite games with similarly enthusiastic gamers.
    My lengthy post is there to share the specifics of a situation I have, not to brag about anything, because there is nothing to brag about and besides doing that would have been childish.

Apparently your sense of purpose in being on this forum has narrowed down to a sadly limited scope of ideas - challenge games, achievements and finding the most efficient/fastest way to beat the game. Everything that falls outside of these hopelessly restrictive brackets is by definition pointless to you.
    I have the impression you attempt to "straighten" anybody who dares challenging that warped sense of righteousness.
    I feel sorry for you right now.

I simply want to talk about adom and a peculiar scenario I have and yet you're questioning everything I have said so far, instead of focusing on questions I have asked.
    You provide nothing of substance, just baseless criticism.
    I kindly ask you to ignore this thread if it brings you so much sorrow and encroaches on your fragile sense of adom etiquette.
    Especially since I'm probably going to reload this game if I die to some silly mistake, because I don't fancy going through the whole thing again, starting with a lvl 1 char, just to experiment with it.
    Spare yourself and us the pain of being here and just leave.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-21-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Well, right now I'm blocked by the satiation drain that is simply excessive when bookcasting wish.
    My lengthy post is there to share the specifics of a situation I have...
    What positive answer do your expect? Hex address for satiation?

Apparently your sense of purpose in being on this forum...
    is a retarded argument.
    is at best baffling and at worst stupid.
    Trolling or not, I am just pointing facts without baselessly calling others retards and stupids.

Especially since I'm probably going to reload this game if I die to some silly mistake, because I don't fancy going through the whole thing again, starting with a lvl 1 char
    Once again, if you feel alright with restoring dead chars and backspace editing, why just not load proper memory editor and see/fix other stuff?

Spare yourself the pain of being here and just leave.
    Wellcome, to your second day of onternet. Trolls don't leave , they are territorial...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Wellcome, to your second day of onternet. Trolls don't leave , they are territorial...
    Truth, lol.

Internet Trolls seek recognition, which is their primary objective and purpose of living. Scolding or berating them, paying them compliments, being kind and respectful, threatening them, arguing, endearing yourself to them and every other tactic known to influence people will not work with an Internet Troll

If you think that confronting an Internet Troll with evidence of their deceptions, harassments or inconsistencies will cause them to stop their behavior or feel remorse, you’re sadly mistaken. The vast majority have little to no empathy. If anything, most Internet Trolls revel in causing others harm without feeling a thread of remorse.

https://darkpsychology.co/internet-trolls/
    Though really I think at this particular moment you are both just being silly.

If people insist on being wrong let them be wrong, it doesn't change your knowledge.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    However, the issue is in determining how much satiation is drained relative to HP drain.
    Does casting from HP drain satiation? Have you tried a Rich Flavor room?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Apparently casting from HP, which drains satiation, is perhaps only significant for wish which can drain such vast amounts of it.
    I can't do it in the rich flavor room since I need to stay in Skin Tingle room for bookcast cost reduction.
    I will try another way though, using mana orb many times without wishing, then removing corruptions with 12 socrs, 7 poccs and white unicorn.
    Hopefully I get enough PP to decrease the cost in HP sufficiently to survive the second casting.

@Soir: I've seen the internet being born so "welcome to your second day" does not really apply to me.
    As for calling names, yeah, I do that, especially when it's so deserved.
    Too bad I haven't called you any of this yet. I called your arguments stupid and your reasoning retarded but I didn't call YOU.
    Your tendency to twist words in order to justify something or use it as perceived slight is laughable.

Oh and I already have memory address for satiation, it's just that I don't need it.
    Oh hey, I don't need any memory addresses at all because that's not part of what I'm doing.
    I'm experimenting with the game and if you can't understand what that entails then don't speak.
    You see and black and white only while I freely travel through the gray lands where all the fun is.
    Jumping from savescumming in a single instance to editing memory address is yet another proof of how limited an individual you really are.
    Even trolls should have style. You have none, you're more like a cursed, poisoned, rotting troll corpse. Not even cooked.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-22-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."