Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mindcrafter Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    It should be noted that the archmage barbarian that was posted as an example relied heavily on scripting. Not really 'legitimate' either, in my books.

I mean sure, it was an interesting character to read about, and it was perfectly okay (by my personal standards) because he was being honest about it, but maybe not the best example to use if you're preaching about playing it kosher.
    I wouldn't agree.
    Save-scumming is an entirely next level compared to scripting.
    With save-scumming you can rely on things that's otherwise are EXTREMELY unlikely (like that book of Wish).

Also, save-scumming is impossible to detect.
    Freedom through action!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    Save-scumming is an entirely next level compared to scripting.
    Yes, of course it is a different shade of grey. I did not say they are on the same level.

All I said is that a game that was won with a script that auto-repeats the same actions for some 200k turns for you isn't exactly a great shining example of how to play by the rules.

Especially when you´re about to start a holy crusade to tell other forum trolls what they can and what they can´t post here.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 05-23-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Yes, of course it is a different shade of grey.
    I don't know. I would consider scripting as a shade of white :) I like the idea. The ultimate form of scripting is something like this.
    Freedom through action!

Hell yeah, an AI that beats Adom from start to finish would be amazing.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

This was really just the quest to get enough PP.
    I started using the mana orb and then wasted all 12 socrs I had to remove the unwanted corruptions.
    It so happened that mana battery showed up (didn't have earlier due to "accidental" removal) at some point.
    It seems to stack both with silvernight and skin tingle room, for a total PP cost of 2549.
    That's for bookcasting. After a while, I took HP out of the equation and I can now cast indefinitely.
    I'm fairly certain that in the previous prereleases, wish bookcast cost reducations did not all stack like this.
    Instead of ~5300 PP cost, it now says I need 1700 PP to cast wish from memory.
    There's some underlying math here but I'm too tired to think of this now. Anyway it works.

EDIT: I'm standing at 7k+ PP and running out of silvernight.
    I was able to cast wish twice per one refill and would have been able to do so tree times, but without silvernight, I should be glad to be able to cast it even once.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-24-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Ooh! That's exciting! I never thought those effects would stack! This knowledge alone makes the experiment worthwhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Ooh! That's exciting! I never thought those effects would stack! This knowledge alone makes the experiment worthwhile!
    It does, especially since my past experiences indicated something else entirely, at least for wizards.
    Now what I call feasibility study actually pays off.
    This is good news for my future attempts plus I think it can be extrapolated with other classes in mind.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    It does, especially since my past experiences indicated something else entirely, at least for wizards.
    Now what I call feasibility study actually pays off.
    I laughed to tears.

They 'stack' cause 50% limitation is of base cost.
    If you have less than 100 casting, displayed cost is multied x base. Naturally that multiplier can be compensated with other multipliers like mana battery.

Study,lol.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

It should be noted that the archmage barbarian that was posted as an example relied heavily on scripting. Not really 'legitimate' either, in my books.

I mean sure, it was an interesting character to read about, and it was perfectly okay (by my personal standards) because he was being honest about it, but maybe not the best example to use if you're preaching about playing it kosher.
    Just like all the original eternium mans were done with scripting for 600k+ turns.

the elementalist archmage was the same thing.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    This is interesting. What then are the different thresholds for bloated/satiated/hungry? How do they fit into the numeric values?
    I'm getting a drain of about 800 HP when still bloated and that kills me.
    Ancardia wiki suggests that bloated starts at 2501 satiation points but if that's true then HP casting of over 800 drains more than that.
    Otherwise I should still have plenty of satiation left after dropping down by 800 points.
    hmm 800 hp to go from bloated to starving is surprising and not what happened when i did it with my archmage as i was able to hp cast twice with one blessed herb which takes you to IIRC about 5000 points. Maybe its more like *3
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!