Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedruns with every class?

Maybe the goalpost should be set at 50k, or even 60k turns. That is already a fast pace, and yet allows more flexibility in your approach. It gives you room to do optional sidequests, and lets you pass the EG peacefully, as long as you don't fully explore all dungeon floors.

Hopefully a 50k limit would get more people interested to participate, while still being challenging enough to be fun. It would allow a lot of people to break their personal records.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I think that 50k is a good number, I know it would certainly force me to do some major re-evaluation of what is worth the time in the long run and what is not.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    It's always been a gradual thing. Imho, it works something like this for non-casters:

< 50k: good aim for practice and already challenging if you're not used to fast play
    < 40k: good limit if you want to make it with weaker R/C like thieves and the like, challenging for stronger classes
    < 30k: real speedrun
    < 20k: realm of record times
    Yeah, I more or less agree with this. Take off about 10k across the board for wizards.

I don't know about other casters, honestly. Priests probably speedrun the same as melee, I expect, since they don't get a lot of bolt spells and teleport is pretty rare for them. Necros and Druids and maybe Elementalists are probably a bit faster since you can do more with bolt spells, but low concentration and literacy rolls will really hurt them.

A lot of the speedruns are probably quite similar in terms of the playstyle, I expect.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I intend to make the most out of races for each class.
    An elven necro maxes out concentration and learning really fast though they seem to be getting frost bolt books all the time so other bolts might be tough to get.

Here's the compilation of current sub 50k runs gathered from ancardia servers, as far back as R51 (or R48):

Code:
    Archer			
    Assassin                       48398	koctyxa
    Barbarian			
    Bard			
    Beastfighter                   43163	jouni
    Chaos Knight			
    Druid			
    Duelist			
    Elementalist			
    Farmer			
    Fighter			
    Healer			
    Merchant                        48051	jouni
    Mindcrafter			
    Monk                            47314	jouni
    Necromancer			
    Paladin                         49024	seol
    Priest			
    Ranger			
    Thief			
    Weaponsmith			
    Wizard                          49945	jouni
    If anybody has some private speedruns and wishes to fill in the list, post them.
    There's a bunch of runs that are in the 50-60k range but I did not include them, the maximum entry turncount is already generous.

I will put this list in the original post and update it there as applicable.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-30-2016 at 10:33 AM.

There are still a lot of fun and strong classes to do left. Duelist, chaos knight, barbarian..
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I'm trying to do an archer. Not going to say how well (or how poorly) I'm doing so far but there is something alluring about skipping all that exploration and just rushing for the staircase asap.

I have a recent Farmer speedrun here, turncount was 32396.
    [edit]Just finished a Ranger with 27228
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 05-30-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Does "stupid follower" ending count for chaos knights? I had one in 24862 turns a while ago, back when I had time to play .

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Does "stupid follower" ending count for chaos knights? I had one in 24862 turns a while ago, back when I had time to play .
    Sure, it counts as a stupid follower ending speedrun.