Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Speedruns with every class?

Jelly please, hold your horses (or tentacles)... soon all the missing spots on the list will be filled with Jellies.
    Your top results are multiplying like green js in the big room, left unattended
    A whole infestation of sub-30k speedruns, popping up like mushrooms after rain.
    With turncounts like these... I don't think I'll ever make it to the list, struggling as it is with sub-50k.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Sorry Wasn't planning on doing them all, just the ones nobody else wanted

Been thinking more about trying to get something in the <25k or <20k range recently... will probably work on that for awhile.

Incidentally, Merchant presents an interesting option... with 4 money talent Dwarf merchant, you can start with ~50k in gold. By the time you clear HMV, you can conceivably end up at level 8 with ~65k you need for a precrown. If you're lucky enough to find an altar, that early artifact could be interesting. Odds of it being super useful are not great, but if you hit BoW, Preserver, Executor, RoR or maybe something like Grod, you could be in really good shape. Lots of "if you're lucky" problems with this sort of run though. Going straight DT would guarantee the altar, but pushes precrown to level 11.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I remember playing the same kind of dwarf merchant. That amount of money is really nice at this stage of the game, especially if BM happens to have some decent PV items.
    Playing as a regular game also gives me the chance to precrown sooner since I generally tend to explore & clear more dungeons.
    Never thought of it as a speedrun material though.

thanks to this thread i decided to try a couple of 'faster' runs and cut my turncount in half!
    ...but they're still 2 or 3 times longer than the ones i see around here, maybe they'll cheer up another slow/defensive player
    8 - drakish mindcrafter, 138066
    9 - dark elven merchant, 272803
    10 - drakish elementalist, 165613
    11 - dark elven paladin (u), 154035
    12 - hurthling archer , 68259
    13 - dwarf barbarian, 70338

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.PelicanPants View Post
    thanks to this thread i decided to try a couple of 'faster' runs and cut my turncount in half!
    ...but they're still 2 or 3 times longer than the ones i see around here, maybe they'll cheer up another slow/defensive player
    8 - drakish mindcrafter, 138066
    9 - dark elven merchant, 272803
    10 - drakish elementalist, 165613
    11 - dark elven paladin (u), 154035
    12 - hurthling archer , 68259
    13 - dwarf barbarian, 70338
    I find it interesting that your archer is more than twice as fast as your elementalist, one would think an elementalist wouldn't have to take as long as an archer.

games before the last two i was just trying to win at all/stay alive (numbers are adom win #s), then i tried a couple 'speedruns' - i could maybe get an elementalist or some classes to <50k after a little practice :>

Damn, I should be playing more of this but instead, I fell victim to Steam's summer sales, bought Endless Space and it consumed me entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Incidentally, Merchant presents an interesting option... with 4 money talent Dwarf merchant, you can start with ~50k in gold. By the time you clear HMV, you can conceivably end up at level 8 with ~65k you need for a precrown. If you're lucky enough to find an altar, that early artifact could be interesting. Odds of it being super useful are not great, but if you hit BoW, Preserver, Executor, RoR or maybe something like Grod, you could be in really good shape. Lots of "if you're lucky" problems with this sort of run though. Going straight DT would guarantee the altar, but pushes precrown to level 11.
    Hmm... first successful attempt at this got precrowned upon DT arrival with Wyrmlance at 4480 turns, character level 11. Not a good enough result, I don't think, but this strategy is plausible, IMHO.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Hmm... first successful attempt at this got precrowned upon DT arrival with Wyrmlance at 4480 turns, character level 11. Not a good enough result, I don't think, but this strategy is plausible, IMHO.
    How much time did you spend on rolling a dwarf with 4 talents?

Doesn't take that long, even without the autoroller. Maybe 5 minutes?