Thread: Corruption traps. Charges

Default Corruption traps. Charges

Damn! I got corruption trap generated on the arena near Dak, and the only lizard-selling trader constantly walks over it. I know, it doesn't take many activations to turn monsters into a chaos being. My PC is only lv11 and doesn't yet have any sources to remove corruptions, so triggering the trap myself is not an option. I have 15 more fights to do on the arena, and after that will leave for Dwarftown and return to get the sword. No means to teleport the ratling away, but i have a wand of door creation with one charge and three potions of booze. There're also random monsters on the level. Need advice!
    1. How safe would it be to switch places with ratling to get him as far as possible (i guess - that's not really an option, as he might turn hostile and with him the whole level)?
    2. How many charges do corruption traps have? I've already lured 3 random monsters over it, they got turned, but the trap is still intact.

To my knowledge ratling traders do not go hostile unless you attack them first, switching is fine.

Also the fried bats, while not as good as lizards are bats - eating them will make you more full.

While I haven't tested it since 1.1.1. - to my knowledge corruption traps have infinite charges.

One other option (if your not lawful) is to go back to lawenthiol and talk to the master thief - after you learn pickpocketing go pickpocket ~ 20-30 creatures from the Infinite Dungeon(so no one moves yet in Caverns of Chaos) so he will make you thieves guild member and then learn Disarm Trap skill from him and use it on the corruption trap.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

If you're a caster or semi-caster type, in the last act of desperate hope you could polymorph spellbooks and get disarm trap spell.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Well... I think the ratling will get turned before I will even get to up- or downstairs. So, this option is out. And about polymorphing - that would be a fun gamble)) I do in fact have two potions of exchange and two spellbooks - Teleport and SoA)) Which one would you suggest to give up?)) Guess I will have to try to move the trader by switching places.

Can someone explain what's the problem? I really can't get it. You can outrun the purple j, right?
    Freedom through action!

I believe the problem stated is that it is the only surviving lizard traderr.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Corruption traps have a very large (maybe infinite) number of charges, so burning out the trap is not an option.

Disarming the trap is a possibility with appropriate skill or spell.

You could build a bunch of doors around the trap.

Switching places should work, though it's slow. Note that killing one trader doesn't make the level hostile regardless of what you do. I regularly kill all of the non-lizard traders to simplify things.

You could always just stand on the trap yourself for awhile and wait for a really long time until he does a restock or two. 100-200 lizards is generally enough to finish the game.

[edit]You have teleport spellbook... any reason you can't use that?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You have teleport spellbook... any reason you can't use that?
    Concentration is only at 60s, I think. Literacy is low - at about 50, or even less, learning is 14. I hope to get crown of science someday, also - the Oracle. Don't think my char will be able to handle any book at this particular point. The question above - about gamble - was just a joke: I don't want to waste those precious finds. And, about just standing on the trap until the rating goes away - such a simple solution!) Thanks a lot!