Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultra Paragon - possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Well, I think I followed everything a Paragon should aside from GB's quest but no dice - I got to D:50 without any special message or girdle. My kill list was free from lawful creatures, and I never committed any chaotic acts (or anything that would drop my alignment).

1) is it possible CK has a native return to C- or that 2) Thomas just disabled the girdle for CKs
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Well, I think I followed everything a Paragon should aside from GB's quest but no dice - I got to D:50 without any special message or girdle. My kill list was free from lawful creatures, and I never committed any chaotic acts (or anything that would drop my alignment).

3. I was punished for giving a beggar food poisoning
    I think that point 3 might count as a chaotic act? Killing a cat by feeding it poisoned meat will ruin the cat quest, too.

Another thing that *might* count as chaotic (not sure) is having the backstabbing skill and attacking a monster that isn't aware of you. I try to avoid the backstabbing skill when going for paragon.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Point 3 was actually more a sarcastic/frustrated point - because I gave the poor beggar literally hundreds of batwings/rat tails/etc, he would have to have an iron stomach to not get food poisoning. I didn't actually give the beggar poisoned food

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    1) is it possible CK has a native return to C- or that 2) Thomas just disabled the girdle for CKs
    I probably wasted 30 wishes on scrolls of balance and would periodically check my alignment - CKs don't naturally "regress" towards C-. As far as I know I didn't once move my alignment towards Chaos; the only time I would have was finished GB's last quest but I was maxed out at -10000 so it didn't technically decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    I think that point 3 might count as a chaotic act? Killing a cat by feeding it poisoned meat will ruin the cat quest, too.

Another thing that *might* count as chaotic (not sure) is having the backstabbing skill and attacking a monster that isn't aware of you. I try to avoid the backstabbing skill when going for paragon.
    Backstabbing skill is in no way chaotic. I've done paragon quest with backstabbing.

Also, booster, Check your monster kill log and see if you killed any lawful creatures such as blink dogs or dwarfs

Kill log was clean - I made a list of every lawful creature and was sure to avoid killing them directly... I don't think I even killed anything lawful indirectly. The only hostile acts I engaged in (such as killing a peaceful Filk) was done by shooting behind him which didn't cause an alignment drop (checked before and after). I recall even gaining a few stones after killing him.

I think the only way to rule out if Thomas disabled the girdle for CKs is to do a non-ultra dive to D:50 without doing any chaotic acts - that would confirm that finishing GB's quest would be the culprit
    Last edited by Booster; 07-13-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Kill log was clean - I made a list of every lawful creature and was sure to avoid killing them directly... I don't think I even killed anything lawful indirectly. The only hostile acts I engaged in (such as killing a peaceful Filk) was done by shooting behind him which didn't cause an alignment drop (checked before and after). I recall even gaining a few stones after killing him.

I think the only way to rule out if Thomas disabled the girdle for CKs is to do a non-ultra dive to D:50 without doing any chaotic acts - that would confirm that finishing GB's quest would be the culprit
    Yeah I think you're correct. Also I know for certain shooting behind a creature is not unlawful.