Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tested the "fixed" killer bug corpse effects?

Default Anyone tested the "fixed" killer bug corpse effects?

Referring to this: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2334
    Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
    I actually like the idea of slowly dropping attribute potentials if the attribute score is at 1 and you accrue further negative modifiers. I have added that for all attributes - although the decrease is limited somewhat.
    Wondering how severe the effect is, and whether you can circumvent it just by training Wi up to 2 between each corpse.

Well, I tested the first part of my question in tutorial mode. Eating a greater claw bug at 1 Wi has a chance to reduce your Wi potential by 1, and eating a killer bug at 1 Wi has a chance to reduce your Wi potential by 3. The chance is fairly high and doesn't seem to be tied to whether you actually get a speed or Dex increase: it's possible to increase your speed and not get the reduction and vice-versa.

Also, if your will is high, there's still a good chance of losing potential will.

Looks like the potential reduction can happen even if you aren't at 1 Wi. Eating a killer bug corpse while at 4 Wi reduced my Wi potential by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Also, if your will is high, there's still a good chance of losing potential will.
    Interesting. This didn't happen to me either of the times I was tanking my Wi from 99 to 1 in tutorial mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Looks like the potential reduction can happen even if you aren't at 1 Wi. Eating a killer bug corpse while at 4 Wi reduced my Wi potential by 2.
    I think this happens because the drain is greater than 4.
    As far as I know, it's -6 Wi, +3 Dx (and some speed) for greater claw bugs.
    Thus anything below 6 Wi would mean you will also lose potential.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Greater claw bugs are -6 will +2 dx, killer bugs are -9will +3 dx. I've had my potential drained as well when my will was as high as 25

I tested it with spellcasting Wish. The effect is extremely visible.
    One of the changes I really don't like, the only worse change is the one that made it impossible to train attributes using negative modifier items and corruptions.

I kind of like the change to attribute training, as it adds some meaning to corruptions which would otherwise just entail some additional scumming. The change to bug corpses also adds some meaning to the stat penalties, but I don't think it works very well due to the non-guaranteed nature of the corpse benefits. If your Dex is already high, each corpse is not going to give the theoretical "up to 6 Dex," but you are going to receive the -12 Wi or (usually) the -3 Wi potential. I feel like this sort of corpse effect would work better with attribute modifiers; something like +6 Dex, -6 Wi, +2 Sp, regardless of what your base stats are.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    I tested it with spellcasting Wish. The effect is extremely visible.
    One of the changes I really don't like, the only worse change is the one that made it impossible to train attributes using negative modifier items and corruptions.
    On one play through, I got the extremely thin corruption, and was able to train my new str stat to 18 from 14. I think the fix only applies to item stat modifiers.

Seriously doubt that. Could it have been the effect of something else, i.e. another corruption or Athletics?