Thread: Hold my beer *dives into red lake*

Default Hold my beer *dives into red lake*

Fate rolled a Trollish Barbarian today at work. Playing on and off throughout the day, things were pretty slow if not quite successful. Geared to the teeth I had completed the early game and was prepping for the ToEF. After a previous faux pas I obtained a second wand of cold to make an ice bridge and was ready to secure the Ring of the High kings. Too ready. After completing my ice bridge I proceeded to pick up my gear (all 4000s of it) and boldly stepped onto the ice in haste. CANNONBALL!

Crashing through the ice I was quickly turned to chum. After a good chuckle I quickly closed the game in embarrassment.

Neat items generated:

Orcish Spear of Mayhem (3d8+11)
    Celestrix (precrowning)
    Black DSM

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Fate rolled a Trollish Barbarian today at work. Playing on and off throughout the day, things were pretty slow if not quite successful. Geared to the teeth I had completed the early game and was prepping for the ToEF. After a previous faux pas I obtained a second wand of cold to make an ice bridge and was ready to secure the Ring of the High kings. Too ready. After completing my ice bridge I proceeded to pick up my gear (all 4000s of it) and boldly stepped onto the ice in haste. CANNONBALL!

Crashing through the ice I was quickly turned to chum. After a good chuckle I quickly closed the game in embarrassment.

Neat items generated:

Orcish Spear of Mayhem (3d8+11)
    Celestrix (precrowning)
    Black DSM
    Forgive me for being impudent, but it seems you got yourself crowned pretty fast. How did you do it? It normally takes me at minimum 2 hours, and that is with a priest, to get crowned, I dont think I could do it in an on and off day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    After completing my ice bridge I proceeded to pick up my gear (all 4000s of it) and boldly stepped onto the ice in haste. CANNONBALL!
    I assume you picked up your gear to use it to fight the skeleton king and his summons and then forgot to drop it again before going to pick up the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddox View Post
    Forgive me for being impudent, but it seems you got yourself crowned pretty fast. How did you do it? It normally takes me at minimum 2 hours, and that is with a priest, to get crowned, I dont think I could do it in an on and off day at work.
    Easiest way is a live-sac (pre)crown in a high monster density area--best is PC:5/6 (either using the cavernous level or saccing out the vault) or the Putrid Cave. With patience, you can get a live sac crowning on any altar... probably only takes 15-20 minutes and a pile of food.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

It's a good habit to "adjust" the level with wands of digging or pickaxes first, to streamline the flow - make sure to connect all dead-end rooms.
    I'd personally advise against saccing a vault; the regular drops in the small vaults, at least for some layouts, outweigh the benefits of saccing monsters for piety.
    When sacced, they don't drop any items, unless they picked them up on their own first.
    Vault monsters have a greater chance to spawn loot and you can count on a number of useful items, like scrolls of id/uncursing, potions of water and even an occasional artifact.
    On the other hand, (pre)-crowning doesn't guarantee a good artifact or even a utility one. You might well get black tome for your efforts.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddox View Post
    Generated a neutral altar in the tutorial dungeon and made live sacrifices. Including trips for food and crappy generation rate it probably took two hours lol. I was at work for about 12 hours so I managed :P

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    I assume you picked up your gear to use it to fight the skeleton king and his summons and then forgot to drop it again before going to pick up the ring?
    Unfortunately