Thread: Is it possible to start Burdened or worse?

Default Is it possible to start Burdened or worse?

I've been experimenting with the playability of Hurthlings due to their extremely low starting Strength Potential, and I've noticed that no matter the starting stats - I never seem to start with a Burdened or worse load.

Anyone ever managed that, or is it impossible?

P.S. as a side note, is it actually possible to win with a low Str Potential Hurthling if you don't have a way to overcome carrying capacity deficiency? Are classic combinations like Hurthling Archer still winnable if you start with Strength potential of less than 10?
    Last edited by SinsI; 08-13-2016 at 06:17 AM.

You cannot start burdened, you will always have enough strength to carry your stuff at the beginning of the game. Hurthling weaponsmiths will be able to carry their anvil and such. It's completely intended.

It's the same thing for Hurtling Chaos Knights, since they have to be able to carry their Full Plate.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    P.S. as a side note, is it actually possible to win with a low Str Potential Hurthling if you don't have a way to overcome carrying capacity deficiency? Are classic combinations like Hurthling Archer still winnable if you start with Strength potential of less than 10?
    Winnable, sure. People have beaten challenge games with much more severe restrictions than that, and archer is a strong class.

But yes, it does make the game harder, and in a really annoying way. Though I guess it could be a good exercise if you want to overcome your packrat habits.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Change my question to "realistically winnable" - any start is "winnable" by abusing Survival and trading beggar booze for PoGAs by the thousands.

I managed to solve this problem w/ a Hurthling Mindcrafter by using a potion of exchange. Now my perception is awful but can get strength to reasonable levels.

I've been experimenting with the playability of Hurthlings due to their extremely low starting Strength Potential, and I've noticed that no matter the starting stats - I never seem to start with a Burdened or worse load.

Anyone ever managed that, or is it impossible?
    I think if you take an Heir gift, or maybe the Wealthy+ talents, you might be able to get burdened if you start really close to begin with.

The starting St for hurthlings is not insurmountable. You have to travel light early in the game, but there's lots of gear that increases St, and once you find a girdle of carrying (or SoA), then you'll be fine.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.