Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R67 changes

Default R67 changes

Is it just me, or strength is no longer trained by being Burdened/Strained/etc. ? Dwarven merchant with St 15, potential 29. Ogre corpses work normally.

Also, I played for 30k turns, visited darkforge and some other corrupting areas and still haven't got a single corruption. Tried to get rid of a tiger with corruption trap but got bored after 10-15 steps. How many times does it normally have to step on a trap to get jellied?

EDIT: got my first corruption at 35k turns. Seemed to take a lot longer than in R63.
    Last edited by yhal003; 08-14-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Hmm, my mist elf duelist isn't having that issue, I trained my str up to 17 normally. (After a lucky potential potion find ) only played this one character so far though.

As far as corrupting cats goes, last time I tried it, it took me a bunch of tries.... Like more than 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Hmm, my mist elf duelist isn't having that issue, I trained my str up to 17 normally. (After a lucky potential potion find ) only played this one character so far though.

As far as corrupting cats goes, last time I tried it, it took me a bunch of tries.... Like more than 20.
    Hmm, maybe I just got impatient.

Fixes to spell behaviour are painful to adjust to . How magic missile wand is no longer "bane of greater molochs and titans".

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Hmm, maybe I just got impatient.

Fixes to spell behaviour are painful to adjust to . How magic missile wand is no longer "bane of greater molochs and titans".
    Yeah totally, I had quite a few characters survive crazy encounters only due to wands of far slaying
    Although I'm looking forward to checking out the hammer of the gods fix!

What is the hammer of the gods fix? I didn't see it in the patch notes.

As for time passage stuff I haven't personally noticed a difference, but there are probably differences due to the new system for time passing in the game.

Wow, I must have missed the bug about spells. So spells in ADOM were have been 10x as strong as they were supposed to be?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Wow, I must have missed the bug about spells. So spells in ADOM were have been 10x as strong as they were supposed to be?
    It added monster PV to the damage (in addition to ignoring their PV).

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    It added monster PV to the damage (in addition to ignoring their PV).
    I thought that was only for wands of far slaying?

The hammer of the gods got switched to the 2 handed skill from clubs in r65

No. Apparently all spells worked that way. I did not play spellcasters in new version yet but wands feel much weaker now.

Wow, since how long have spells worked like that?