Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Khelavaster, Pools, and decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Mansku View Post
    Personally I wouldn't use a wish on girdle of giant strength, they usually get destroyed in a matter of minutes.
    Not sure how you play. I manage to survive with girdles of carrying / GoGS usually throughout the game. Of course it means removing them in ToEF and air temple, and killing annihilators from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
    You'll probably get your life saved more by wearing the ankh.
    Ankh?? Wtf? +2 DV and +2 PV would be significant in the late game, when you (should) have +Luck and +Fate anyway? I can think of at least 5 more useful late-game amulets.
    Wearing an AoLS is nowadays more useful than before, with the insanely big chances of monsters going into blind rage, and titans / wyrms / GMs being much more common than earlier.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkila View Post
    Pairs of seven league boots
    Bracers of regenerations (note the last 's' to make the game understand that you want several)
    Seven league boots don't come in pairs anymore when wished for, since pre-20 or some early R40ish.
    Bracers of regeneration will give 2-3, I don't remember ever wishing for bracers of regenerations to get more than a pair.

Personally I wouldn't use a wish on girdle of giant strength, they usually get destroyed in a matter of minutes.
    If it's blessed and has a few scrolls of protection put into it, it's much more resilient, same for 7LB.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Seven league boots don't come in pairs anymore when wished for, since pre-20 or some early R40ish.
    Bracers of regeneration will give 2-3, I don't remember ever wishing for bracers of regenerations to get more than a pair.
    Ok, thanks for correcting. My details came from 1.0.0 and I was unaware that it had changed. Seems like 7LB are so common nowadays that there's no need to wish for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    If it's blessed and has a few scrolls of protection put into it, it's much more resilient, same for 7LB.
    This was new for me. Do you have some actual data that scrolls of protection would help in eq destruction?

This was new for me. Do you have some actual data that scrolls of protection would help in eq destruction?
    My guess would be they help against attacks which reduce armor PV.

One of best things against elemental attacks is actually a ring of immunity, presumably chars resistances, immunities help against destruction.

According to sorear, with triple fire immunity (and positive luck), char can bring stuff like 7lb into ToEF without extra worries... (I don't get from his ramblings how electrical damage difefrs from fire for leather, but it's probably cause I am dumb)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

And Seven League Boots have become weaker (can't remember when) only giving 10/25% bonus for Uncursed/Blessed, instead of earlier when it was 25/50%

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    One of best things against elemental attacks is actually a ring of immunity, presumably chars resistances, immunities help against destruction.
    Why would they protect from eq destruction? Sounds like nonsense.

Ankh?? Wtf? +2 DV and +2 PV would be significant in the late game, when you (should) have +Luck and +Fate anyway? I can think of at least 5 more useful late-game amulets.
    Luck and Fate bonuses stack. Just as one example, wearing the ankh is about as good as the Water Orb in terms of helping resist confusion, even if the character already has Luck and Fate from other sources.

Wearing an AoLS is nowadays more useful than before, with the insanely big chances of monsters going into blind rage, and titans / wyrms / GMs being much more common than earlier.
    I cannot recall a single game where I have ever intentionally worn an AoLS for any extended amount of time. I've had them destroyed by acid traps more than I've had them save a character's life. They're pretty much worthless, IMHO, except for saving Khelly.

Resistances/immunities definitely protect against equipment destruction. It's most obvious when you have no resistance at all--try fighting a giant slug or something and let it hit you with acid a bunch of times without resistance.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Well, with no sleep and no rest worn stuff easily gets soaked into your elemental resistant sweet...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Not sure how you play. I manage to survive with girdles of carrying / GoGS usually throughout the game. Of course it means removing them in ToEF and air temple, and killing annihilators from a distance.
    Usually its a random acid or door trap that destroys gogs for me. I do bless one when I have one but I haven't done the scroll of protection thing. And I remove it for ToEF, air temple and dragon vaults. Girdle of carrying on the other hand never blows up.

Girdle of carrying on the other hand never blows up.
    Thatīs because the RNG wants to keep it intact for that Green Hag.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.