Thread: Ermy, the Avatar of Balance

Default Ermy, the Avatar of Balance

http://pastebin.com/km5s2eHG

My first ultra win! On R66 so I didn't get the achievments on steam but oh well. Most of my wins aren't on steam versions for some reason, in any case I figured I should post my first ultra win for posterity's sake.

A few highlights would be :

I was fighting Andor Drakon and realized I didn't have any way to light up the area so I wished for an everburning torch which helped me kill him.

Speaking of wishes I found 6 wishes and ended the game with 1 leftover.

I eat Keriax's corpse with str, to, ma, and pe all not at potential and he only increased my ma and pe. And then I had to use 5 socr to get rid of his corruption. So I learned keriax's corpse is not so good.

The great red wyrm in the fgjc vault was stronger than Barney in the blue dragon caves, so that was a bit silly.

Got the RCT to clear a GUV for purifier, which proceeded to manhandle a wish for "emperor moloch" and subsequently the actual emperor moloch.

Found a ki-rin and didn't kill it. Filk dropped his corpse and I didn't eat it cause I was already aged some.

Had very light and thin and nimble at the same time but I didn't do the quickling tree because I already had 195 speed.

Did the courage quest using goblins because I didn't originally plan to do an ultra until I found an aols randomly, went to floor 51 of ID for filk.

Had a good random red dragon scale mail from darkforge and didn't bother picking up any other random ones I'd find. Finally decided to pick one up that was right next to one of the stairs in the CoC and it had 3 more pv than the one I was using. This was after passing it by a good 20~ times.

Completed the cat lord quest cause I was a drakeling and music is good. I also had tons of pot of exchange for any cats that might die by my hand accidentally.

Only artifact I missed was lust for glory cause I never bothered picking up any shields in the 2 greater vaults I cleared.

Used big punch all the way through ToEF because I couldn't find a decent weapon, got crowned with Rapier of the Needle and that was that.

Didn't find an amulet of free action until the blue dragon caves, that was pretty scary.

And I think the best highlight of this whole run is that it wouldn't be possible without a crash I had. I was tired and accidentally agro'd dwarftown including an extremely experienced waldy, when I went to the ogre cave to retreat the game crashed and restarted to before I agro'd him. There was another altar I could have converted to neutral so the game wasn't actually over, it just made life a lot easier to have the game crash there. So yay for automatic backup saves!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Playing Time
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You played for 47 hours, 36 minutes and 27 seconds.
    I see.

Very nice weapons training. I do not think I have ever gotten any skill to grand mastery ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Overheat2 View Post
    I see.

Very nice weapons training. I do not think I have ever gotten any skill to grand mastery ever.
    That has to do with the duelist level 40 class power which gives +6 levels to all one handed melee weapon skills. I got swords to 14 I think before that, maces to 12 and whips to 9.

The 47 hours has a lot of the game running in the background but I did spend probably 30 hours at least actually playing since it was my first time doing an ultra.

You have a rusty rustproof helm of regeneration?

The 47 hours has a lot of the game running in the background but I did spend probably 30 hours at least actually playing since it was my first time doing an ultra.
    Do you play fairly slowly? Your turncount is only 140k, which is fairly standard for an ultra, IMHO.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 08-22-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You have a rusty rustproof helm of regeneration?

Do you play fairly slowly? Your turncount is only 140k, which is fairly standard for an ultra, IMHO.
    Hmm maybe the time was more like 20 hours, I know i spent at least 13 hours though because I streamed 13 hours of it. And that was starting at the blue dragon caves. 30 seemed reasonable to me but idk.

Yeah it got rusty and then i dipped it in oil.

Congratulations, good thing about this everburning torch!