Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you save scum...

Default If you save scum...

I just had a thought when i posted my reply in the god mode thread. If you save scum in ADOM, where do you most typically do it?

I'll tell you me, I ONLY save scum in one place and thats the final fight in the arena before i get the golden gladious. Mainly because I attempt it with characters usually around 10-15 and I know if I get the damn ogre magi im pretty much guaranteed dead since those damn monster casters cheat and dont have to use magic in the cardinal directions. Lets see other than that...Occasionally before going down the rift lol...other than that nope its mostly just the damn arena. Anyone else?

I always get the urge to savescum when my character finds some nifty items really early in the game. I have about 5 savegames of such characters backed up, but I haven't touched them. They just sit there being awesome.

When I passed a ToEF, I saved a game on every turn. If I have missed the enemy - loading. If I have hit and also me have hit - loading. If I have hit and the enemy has missed me - saving. =)))
    Saving before each new ladder etc.

When I have started to play fairly, I too began to be afraid of the ogre magus on arena. If the hero does not have resistance to a cold or at least possibility to see invisible, it is better not to risk.)
    Last edited by yisk; 03-30-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac
    I'll tell you me, I ONLY save scum in one place and thats the final fight in the arena before i get the golden gladious. Mainly because I attempt it with characters usually around 10-15 and I know if I get the damn ogre magi im pretty much guaranteed dead since those damn monster casters cheat and dont have to use magic in the cardinal directions.
    Hint: Ancient Mummy Wrapping gives both immunity to cold, and see invisible. So it is good idea to attempt on final fight after completing pyramid(which isn't really hard to do).

About topic - I'm not savescumming at all.

when im in late game i always say to myself to make a backup in case of mister 291 but i always forget to do it so couple really nice chars were lost =/

Quote Originally Posted by Pustka View Post
    when im in late game i always say to myself to make a backup in case of mister 291 but i always forget to do it so couple really nice chars were lost =/
    I recently lost a Monk with a very nice artifact headgear to a bug and of course I didn't have a backup file...

I don't savescum, I just create backup copies at times for cases like the above.
    Last edited by Nezur; 03-30-2008 at 07:40 PM.

I savescummed a lot before, and now I make backup copies, not only because of bugs and such, but because my computer sucks and the hard drive tends to freeze, so I can't save and would lose the char. For example, happened to my gray elf ranger in a dragon vault in D:47. Luckily, I had a backup file and restored it, then won the game. Without a backup copy I would have lost a succesful char (and that's not very common on me :P).

i copy a save only in one situation when i talk with Khelavaster, too many promising characters died because of signal 11 bug, so i won't risk anymore ... But it is not save scumming Adom is too easy to cheat while playing
    Last edited by Ryuuku; 04-02-2008 at 10:45 AM.
    Your mighty kick causes severe structural damage to the stairway.
    The dungeon suddenly shakes and everything starts to break down.
    You are crushed by tons of rock.
    You die...

No save scumming for me for a long time now. I'm hoping not to do it at all in JADE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    No save scumming for me for a long time now. I'm hoping not to do it at all in JADE.
    same here
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3