Thread: Is a free-standing R64 available??

Default Is a free-standing R64 available??

Steam has screwed up my play of R64 with a rogue update process that I don't want. I have a question in ADOM Steam forum to see if anyone with Steam experience knows how to stop an update, but I'm hoping someon here can help me get a free-standing R64.

I don't know about a free standing r64, but to prevent updates simply go to your steam library - right click the name of the game and select properties - then go to the updates tab at the top and tell it either to not get updates or only update when you actually launch the game.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Sorry, there is no "free standing R64". But I've enabled another branch on Steam named "release-64". If you select it (as described in the post above), ADOM will revert back to r64 (2.0.3). If the entry isn't shown in the beta list, please try to restart Steam.

Important: you can only load games that were not yet saved by R69!
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Thanks jochen. That does allow the DL to stop and let's me play 64. Too late for my morning coffee session, but I really appreciate the quick help. I have found that Steam will always push updates, no opt out. Branching it like this helps. As long as 64 won't be overwritten. Thanks again