Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to wish for?

Default What to wish for?

rolled troll barbarian, 38 str, sipped a pool a bunch of times and got some nice intrinsics and then a wish, im thinking either eternium tower sheilds or rings of slaying, any input?

http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/What_to_wish_for

I dunno, go for gogs for the giggles. I'd probably goi Aols 100% of my time in that situation, since I'm always going for an ultra of some kind.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

If you're a troll barbarian your crowning will probably give you a two handed weapon anyway, so don't go for shields. If your defense is lacking you can go for a dragon scale mail. Seven league boots as a barbarian means nothing will ever catch you. But personally I would go for AOLS if you have not yet saved khelly. GoGS is just overkill imo.

I'm a big fan of early wishes for rings of regeneration, especially for melee characters.

I think I prefer dragon scale mail as a troll since they regen so fast anyway. If you don't have any good rings and have decent armor rings of regen are very good though.

One option that hasnīt been mentioned yet is Potions of Longevity, as it protects you against one of the most likely causes of death as a troll barb. (Bless them and drink them immediately to extend your maximum age.)

But if thatīs better than the other options.. idk
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 09-06-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Crown of lightning gives lightning immunity and can be smithed up easily (made of iron) so you can combine that with a dragon scale mail of another color and get 2 immunities (plus third from crowning).

Cloaks of Invisibility free up both ring slots for Rings of Slaying (also might be worth a wish), and allow so much havoc as a melee, you get free backstabs and first attacks on everything, ending fights before they even begin. Ranged monsters won't cast/shoot at you if they don't see you, so you walk right up, and BAM, dead in a single shot. Something nasty you can't deal with yet? Walk right by it.

Find Weakness is a powerful skill to have and I'd say it's worth a wish. Later on you might even consider wishing for Alchemy.

Swords of Sharpness and Maces of Destruction do great damage

A difficult one.
    Aols is always good.
    Gogs is sooo nice as melee, just piles on power if already strong.
    Find weakness is a solid choice.

Invis as troll shoves food consumption through the roof.
    Potions of longevitey sounds like a good and safe choice.

Though such a char has rather high survivability in the early-mid game, I'd still go for stuff that grants PV.
    As a troll, you already have regen.
    Gogs would be useless with 38 St - you're going to be one-hitting stuff anyway.
    Shields are also not such a good idea for reasons already mentioned by others.
    Finally, AoLS doesn't grant you immediate benefits - it comes in handy much later and although it's more than worth it, the rewards won't help you in the early game.
    Thus, I'd go for RDSM if I wanted to be safe.
    If I had ~20 PV already, I'd go for alchemy.
    In the long run it can be trained quite effectively, there aren't that many other super-important skills to level up, even with the limited learning that trolls have and it could provide you with means to reverse aging on a semi-permanent basis, depending on ingredients of course. Potions of youth may well be something like healing + invis.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    I think I prefer dragon scale mail as a troll since they regen so fast anyway. If you don't have any good rings and have decent armor rings of regen are very good though.
    As a troll, you already have regen.
    Troll basic regen is less than half the rate of normal Healing skill... their regeneration rate is okay for very early game, but it's not enough to carry you past like level 6. Passing on regeneration because of this is crazy talk. Rings of regeneration are literally 20x better than a Troll's natural regeneration rate and 8x better than Healing skill at 100--ring of regeneration is better than Troll Healer at 100 skill on Candle.

For OP, depends on what kit you currently have, what level you're at. At very low level, tower shields or rings of regeneration are probably best for survivability. Weapons aren't usually worth a wish, IMHO, since there's lots of good ones around, and your St is high enough that you'll be fine with pretty much anything. Armor isn't a bad choice at low level, but shields are better.

I'd pass on rings of slaying. You should already do tonnes of damage with 38 St. Same problem with the GoGS, with the added disadvantage that the thing will burn before you get a huge benefit.

AoLS is an okay choice, but as barbarian you get very limited benefit... You can't use the spells, SoCR are not so important anymore, and you don't get the benefit from those till much later in the game. There's plenty of opportunities later in the game to save Khelly if you so desire.

Seven league boots you don't need since you're naturally fast.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.