Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need confirmation for potential bug with altar generation

Can I request a pic with walls present? Unless there are some secret walls or rooms not full of enemies, this looks like it's pretty easy to clear. No way to get cornered by strong monsters from both sides, corridors set perfect to bolt or use pets.

Any huge gold patches or there is a single designated treasure spot (below the titan on the pic)?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Can I request a pic with walls present? Unless there are some secret walls or rooms not full of enemies, this looks like it's pretty easy to clear. No way to get cornered by strong monsters from both sides, corridors set perfect to bolt or use pets.

Any huge gold patches or there is a single designated treasure spot (below the titan on the pic)?
    Sry didnt make an after shot, I think I read magic map and no hidden areas.
    Yes one titan was easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post

i tried to get a screen shot with the new vault config, but when i copied it to this from notepad it got all screwy.

anyways, to answer your questions there's really no secret walls, its as straightforward as it seems. there was 1 artifact under the main boss and 5 piles of gold set in this configuration;

$
    $$
    ($$
    $$
    $

Either the new one, or some map generation failure
    Code:

###################    #########                    #####################
       #....................  ........#                    #........./.........#
       #...#.#....#......#   .........#                    #/#########......@..#
       #...#.######..##############...#                    #.......# #.........#
       #.......*.[#........#...#......#      ###############.>.....# ###########
       #[.####..*[##[......#...#####..#      #.^......./.../.......#
       #%[#...*.#[*..###.......#......#      #.........#############            #
    ####........#..%.**...............########.........#                        .
    #.....#############[############..*....../.........#####  ##########
    ####[[.....#.......*.....#....[..[########........./..... ./.......#       .
       #....#%.#.#...........#%.(.....#      ###/###.#######   #.......#    .. .
       #....#....#..........[#..#######        #.# #.#         #.......# # ...
       #....#.#######........#........#        #/###/#         #.....[.###.....
       ###...................#....#...#        #.....#         #......./.......
       #..[......#....................#        #.....###########.......########
       #..[########################...#        #.............../.../...#
       #[.*..%............]...%./.....#        #########################
       ################################
    don't have shot before since I didn't have means to detect monsters. Giants, fire giant kings in the room of the middle (upper opening was secret wall. others were present, so titan went around).
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

is that the D42 one? or the FGJC5 one? its way different than the one i just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    is that the D42 one? or the FGJC5 one? its way different than the one i just did.
    d46 (10chars)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Seems Greater Vaults have been toned down (maybe ninja nerfed as the kids would say).

Got a GUV that I cleaned easy with a gnome assassin, had 11 lich kings and 1 emperor.
    The second was a similar layout firevault with 11 anc reds and 1 wyrm.
    Feels more sane compared to the huge GUVs which could have as many as 10 emperors.
    Maybe they still exist but are more rare....