Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for recovering from ADOM burnout

Just give it a good break. After some time start up a run and if you'll know right away if the burnout is gone. I put ADOM down for more than a year iirc shortly after it came out on steam. This summer I played the hell out of it after getting my first win and now I'm on break again lmao.

Dont force yourself, maybe later you will want to try Adom again.

p.s. I stopped playing Adom after i won. Nevertheless i like these forums and i follow Adom development

Watch a movie, something with a rich plot like "Prestige". The nature of ADOM is very repetitive and straightforward (once you know what to do), so I noticed that a part of my brain that anticipates surprises is kinda degrading. Movies are one way to train that part, as well as other not yet played games.

I try out new games or watch shows when I get tired of ADOM. Had a blast with Tales of MajEyal (TOME) and Cardinal Quest 2, both excellent roguelikes that feel fresh and very different. Finished watching all 366 episodes of Bleach and started on Kill La Kill. Occasionally check out one of the animated features on Netflix, Marvel or DC universe or other anime.