Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tome of donors

Default Tome of donors

For the first time I got the Tome before time limit.
    I've read it a few times, does it do anything or just for kicks?

there are various effects - ranging from gaining lots of resitances, and/or increases to speed, to a temporary blessing or even nothing at all.

you can read it repeatedly for different effects, but only once per so many turns.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by ghostjghost View Post
    there are various effects - ranging from gaining lots of resitances, and/or increases to speed, to a temporary blessing or even nothing at all.

you can read it repeatedly for different effects, but only once per so many turns.
    The first reads was nothing but then I got some crazy stuff, the resistances, skill training, 2 refresh and something else.
    This orc priest got some stuff, donors, aols, worn boots, almost 30 water in total before animated forest.
    Lost a +2+6 blessed studded from an unnessecary door trap but plenty of defence despite that.
    No cool weapon but spells help despite abysmal learning score.

i once found a "ruined tome of donors" and it was unreadable obviously

wait, what is this and how do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    wait, what is this and how do you get it?
    A new artifact added in r65 as one of the crowdfunding promises (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4252). It is found on the final level of the Moldy random dungeon if you get there before gaining 90160 exp. The tome of donors wiki page has more information (http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Tome_of_donors).

I picked up the tome and read it ~7 times so far with no effects whatsoever. My copy is blessed - is there a % chance of getting a beneficial effect in addition to the story or is it supposed to give a beneficial effect every time?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    I picked up the tome and read it ~7 times so far with no effects whatsoever. My copy is blessed - is there a % chance of getting a beneficial effect in addition to the story or is it supposed to give a beneficial effect every time?
    Chaotics don't get any benefits from reading the tome; otherwise, you should be getting a beneficial effect every time you get a story.

I would assume this book is valid ratling sac fodder, yes?

To be honest, I think this thing is a little OP when blessed. You can get paralyzation resist and death ray resist in one reading (!), which ordinarily are only available from pools. Now that I know this thing exists, I'm never ever ever drinking from pools again.
    Wins: Orc Barbarian, Human Archer, Troll Assassin