Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did Kherab get buffed?

Default did Kherab get buffed?

I was trying to get the evil dwarf's anvil. Level 20 Orc Paladin, 7 skill with bows, 8 blessed humanoid slaying arrows (poisoned). Could only get him to about 1/3 HP before I ran out of ammo. Switched to arrows of darkness, got him blinded, hit him in melee on berserk with sword of sharpness. Still couldn't do enough to kill him before he recovered and started hitting back. All my other characters destroyed him, I'm wondering if he got buffed in recent versions.

So, I Teleported away, locked the door behind me, sipped the pools hoping for a wish before I left. Got doomed and aged to Very Old at 60, lost teleport control and got teleportitis. So I headed over to the ID to find a blink dog corpse. Those guys generate most often at level 4+, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    I was trying to get the evil dwarf's anvil. Level 20 Orc Paladin, 7 skill with bows, 8 blessed humanoid slaying arrows (poisoned). Could only get him to about 1/3 HP before I ran out of ammo. Switched to arrows of darkness, got him blinded, hit him in melee on berserk with sword of sharpness. Still couldn't do enough to kill him before he recovered and started hitting back. All my other characters destroyed him, I'm wondering if he got buffed in recent versions.

So, I Teleported away, locked the door behind me, sipped the pools hoping for a wish before I left. Got doomed and aged to Very Old at 60, lost teleport control and got teleportitis. So I headed over to the ID to find a blink dog corpse. Those guys generate most often at level 4+, right?
    No idea on kherab, but I've always gotten lucky looking for blink dogs on pc5, high monster gen helps there. As for ID, I thought it was 3 and 4

Kherab's always been tough as nails. I'm not sure exactly why you couldn't kill him with your slaying arrows but a bunch of unlucky rolls maybe coulda done it since he has 35 pv.

high damage + high PV he is pretty tough. I'd generally wait until well past level 20 to deal with him.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

He's always been quite formidable. In melee, he's a decent match for a level 50 character.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Hmmm, I really want that anvil. Lured Glod off the level so the Dwarftown forge is open for business.

Is there a tricky way to pull off the kill of Kherab? Wands of paralyzation/poison, or keeping him perma blind with a stack of cursed potions of invisibility? Maybe a scroll of familiar summoning on DH1

If the pool room has favorable water layouts, you can lure him there and kill him with missiles. He can't swim, so you can trap him on the opposite side from you. Then you just need to outdamage his regeneration + PV.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

...or you could just take Glod's anvil instead?
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Yeah but then there are no more pick axe repairs. I have about 6, and would probably find a bunch more. But still if you're going to smith you might as well go all the way or not at all. Those 7/7 bracers, girdle, helm ect. And backups in case they get destroyed. Or if I find something better like crown of regen/lightning later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Buy some keys and dip 19 of them into potion of exchange?(or logs + potions of raw chaos)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)