Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: biggest kick in the teeth the game has given me (no Kranach)

if you wonder through the swamp at the bottom there is a much higher chance of wilderness encounters than other points on the map, and the 25% applies even when you have swamp hydras.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    if you wonder through the swamp at the bottom there is a much higher chance of wilderness encounters than other points on the map, and the 25% applies even when you have swamp hydras.
    IIRC, swamps have like 3xtime spent compared to plains, while encounters are increased ~2x, so you would loose more time on average in swamps. (forests are one of worst - 2x time with 4 times less chance of encounter(hopefully you are not in mountains at that point))

In theory, road (next to pyramid) would be fastest assuming raiders generate in where. (would need to stroll back although)
    Last edited by Soirana; 10-24-2016 at 05:26 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Tested a character with 84 PV. Got raiders on the 4th encounter, and 26/100 plains encounters were roving raiders. This lines up pretty well with what TB has said: "After having received the quest each wilderness encounter has a 25% chance to be an encounter with Kranach." (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3349).

Attachment 2906

Count 25 wilderness encounters in a row with no Kranach while under the xp/level limit, and I will be more inclined believe this.
    I think it could have been well over that. Although I did not count...

If ticking the box is really important to you, you can wish for a raider lord. Just make sure to not talk to the sheriff after Kranach is supposed to not be around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bieks View Post
    If ticking the box is really important to you, you can wish for a raider lord. Just make sure to not talk to the sheriff after Kranach is supposed to not be around anymore.
    Funny you should say that, as I spent a 1 charge WoW on puppy and kranach in a game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bieks View Post
    wish for a raider lord.
    I've never wished for a Raider Lord, but I have wished for a cute dog before.

Sadly, a wished for cute dog doesn't seem to give the high score line (brought back joy into the life of a tiny girl). Wished for raider lord might work, since the high score line is triggered by giving a raider lord corpse.

EDIT: Actually, it seems like the wished for cute dog works, as long as you haven't seen the dead one.
    Last edited by Grond; 10-27-2016 at 07:51 PM.

The way I understood it is that a wished for cute dog counts as long as you didn't tell the tiny girl about the dead one.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    The way I understood it is that a wished for cute dog counts as long as you didn't tell the tiny girl about the dead one.
    Wish immediately - works
    Wish after the time limit without generating last puppy cave level - works
    Wish after generating the last puppy level after the time limit - fails
    Wish after seeing the cute dog die - fails
    Wish after sensing the cute dog's death - fails
    Wish immediately, and then kill another wished for cute dog - fails

So the requirement probably is: quest completion and no cute dogs have died. Basically: avoid PC:6 if you plan on satisfying the tiny girl with a wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Wish immediately - works
    Wish after the time limit without generating last puppy cave level - works
    Wish after generating the last puppy level after the time limit - fails
    Wish after seeing the cute dog die - fails
    Wish after sensing the cute dog's death - fails
    Wish immediately, and then kill another wished for cute dog - fails

So the requirement probably is: quest completion and no cute dogs have died. Basically: avoid PC:6 if you plan on satisfying the tiny girl with a wish.
    Did you test her response when chatted to, or whether the message gets added to the victory text?