Thread: Training Food Preservation questions

Default Training Food Preservation questions

Does anyone know, how is it affected by number and types of food that can go bad?

- Is there an increase in training if you have several different stacks of spoilerable food?
    - Are corpses, apples and raw meat of different weight worth the same in regards to training Food Preservation?
    - Is there any increase if you have several corpses in one stack?
    - Is there any difference if the corpses are cooked? Or are blessed/cursed?
    Last edited by SinsI; 10-31-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Good questions! I've never systematically tested it like that, but my opinion is that it trains the skill when it's in your backpack regardless of its current status, and more food doesn't seem to train it faster than less. You can train the skill by carrying corpses that were sold to munxip. I am not sure about raw meat/fish meat/apples.

Additional question - is the training turn based, or time based (so that a month in a dungeon is more valuable than a month in the wilderness)?

I feel that it's turn based- mainly because I get the same number of increases per number of turns in the wilderness as in dungeons, but waaay more time has passed it the wilderness.

AFAIK, the clock time has no effect on gameplay other than the day 90 thing.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.