Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the characters are so gluttonous?

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Think about this: the most filling "food" by far is a herb. Who has a massive craving for herbs all the time?

The second best type of "food" is dubious stuff sold by shady dealers outside of the arena.

See the truth yet?

That's right. Adom "food" has nothing to do with nutrition, the characters are just drug addicts. "Bloated" is an euphemism for being high; "Starving" really means cold turkey. And the "nutrition" value of "food" only depends on the amount of psychedelic components it contains.
    Well that explains why only some monsters leave corpses--- only a few are high! or maybe some are hallucinations?

That's right. Adom "food" has nothing to do with nutrition, the characters are just drug addicts. "Bloated" is an euphemism for being high; "Starving" really means cold turkey. And the "nutrition" value of "food" only depends on the amount of psychedelic components it contains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Minstrel
    Is Chaos the true threat indeed?
    How can hunger be so sated by a weed?
    A man can survive without food for a week,
    what are you, some kind of gluttonous freak?

If you need thugs to defend your lunch,
    that is clearly not food on which you munch.
    A farmer who only herbs can grow,
    should not fear the sheriff of Terinyo.

That poor wandering drunk
    needs food, not more of your junk!
    Get help ere you OD,
    lest you become a madman like me.
    I wonder what kind of wild party provided all of his corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    I wonder what kind of wild party provided all of his corpses.
    excellent and on-point mad minstrel poem... It was so well done that I had to look it up to confirm that it isn't a real one!

Those moments where game balance in a fantasy world run into our concepts of realism.

I want to see a picture of these large rations that weigh more than body armor yet fill you up less than a cake full of body parts. It must be an oven included with them. Honestly, the rations weigh more than my hurthling does. And somehow I'm carrying 5 of them.

From that point of view my characters are constantly high. I like the idea !

Ugly adom comic creator