Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the characters are so gluttonous?

Default Why the characters are so gluttonous?

Seriosily, they need like four large rations (weighting 10 kg each, 40 kg of food total) to go up from hungry to satiated, and they start to die from starvation in three in-game days. Why characters in this game are so fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Zap-zapper View Post
    Seriosily, they need like four large rations (weighting 10 kg each, 40 kg of food total) to go up from hungry to satiated, and they start to die from starvation in three in-game days. Why characters in this game are so fat?
    Large rations include one-use magical oven in order to heat up the food.

Magic stuff is very heavy (due to arcane reasons)by default... single spellbook is 20kg in order to describe as simple as Light...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Starting Human Fighter started to starvate after 4d 10h, so it is a bit longer than that.

Spellbooks are 100 stones*50 gram/stone = 5kg each.
    20 kg is the complete collection of Confucious works.

As for actual reasons - it is, obviously, the gameplay ones, to stimulate you to move around and to force you to carry extra luggage.
    Also, don't forget that not all food is for you - artifacts consume energy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Large rations include one-use magical oven in order to heat up the food.
    Citation or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Magic stuff is very heavy (due to arcane reasons)
    Citation or...

None of this stuff is in the game hence is up for a challenge. Either make TB explain it or change the weight to 1/10.
    Why does a book weigh twice as much as a fucking climbing set?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Citation or...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Minstrel
    Magic can weigh you down in spectacular fashion,
    be it in books or an enormous ration.
    Throw away that oven arcane,
    stuff that knowledge into your brain.
    I guess wands, scrolls, and potions weighing so little is inconsistent - maybe we should RFE that.

Its not the characters it's the rations.
    Various food provide different satiation and large rations not only weigh a huge amount they also provide a small amount of satiation.
    On the plus side they are very available in a non danger area for a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    I guess wands, scrolls, and potions weighing so little is inconsistent - maybe we should RFE that.
    Nice, didn't know that particular minstrel song. Also I'm not so sure the 'oven arcane' refers to the rations but whatever.

If somebody posts an RFE like this, I'll take personal slight and make the effort of traveling to where they live and kick their asses
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Its not the characters it's the rations.
    Various food provide different satiation and large rations not only weigh a huge amount they also provide a small amount of satiation.
    On the plus side they are very available in a non danger area for a low price.
    Okay, another example. You need four melons to go up from hungry to satiated. Four. Melons. You couldn't ever eat even one, I bet.

Okay, another example. You need four melons to go up from hungry to satiated. Four. Melons. You couldn't ever eat even one, I bet.
    They must eat only some part of it. Seeds maybe?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Think about this: the most filling "food" by far is a herb. Who has a massive craving for herbs all the time?

The second best type of "food" is dubious stuff sold by shady dealers outside of the arena.

See the truth yet?

That's right. Adom "food" has nothing to do with nutrition, the characters are just drug addicts. "Bloated" is an euphemism for being high; "Starving" really means cold turkey. And the "nutrition" value of "food" only depends on the amount of psychedelic components it contains.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.