Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why eating certain corpses doom you?

Default Why eating certain corpses doom you?

Why if you eat children/cute dog/tiny girl corpse, you will be cursed and doomed? It is rotten, or what?
    Last edited by Zap-zapper; 12-02-2016 at 04:00 PM.

It's caused by extreme bad karma, presumably. The message for eating the cute dog is "You feel very guilty about this." and the message for eating a dwarven child (I wasn't able to get a normal child corpse) is "You feel like a true monster!", which I think supports this theory.

The gods are watching, and they frown upon such behaviors. Your wickedness will be your undoing!

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    The gods are watching, and they frown upon such behaviors. Your wickedness will be your undoing!
    What about the chaotic deities? :P

"FOR CHAOS!!!!" - Chaos Space Marine - Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Dark Crusade

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

I, for one, enjoyed the explanation that you don't need food, but are instead looking to get high. In which case, the cute dog would be a bad acid trip, and the oracle would be a bad mushroom trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    I, for one, enjoyed the explanation that you don't need food, but are instead looking to get high. In which case, the cute dog would be a bad acid trip, and the oracle would be a bad mushroom trip!
    The cute dog corpse never decays, so probably it has been preserved with some sort of toxic embalming fluid that happens to have psychoactive properties.

What about kids then? Is that all those dangerous candies, which are believed to abuse To?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    What about kids then? Is that all those dangerous candies, which are believed to abuse To?
    Dwarftown is a degenerate society, where the elder is hallucinating and imagining attacks (why else do the ogres and demon only show up after he suggests they exist?), and even the little children are using drugs. Civilization hasn't yet collapsed in Terinyo, which is why the children there don't drop corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    Of course dwarven children get the lower quality drugs, leaving a nasty surprise when they are consumed. And Of course candy is Crack! Guaranteed to affect your health. To stands for tolerence FYI.

Of course dwarven children get the lower quality drugs, leaving a nasty surprise when they are consumed. And Of course candy is Crack! Guaranteed to affect your health. To stands for tolerence FYI.
    Pretty sure human children do not take dwarven candy saying that it's bad for their teeth, while dwarven children will happily chew away.

So I guess confirmed.

We should seriously build up the drug theory. Like the players are enabling Blup with carrot juice causing him to fly away and OD (since he is no longer seen again), Khelavaster smoking the crumpled scroll and Mad Minstrel getting exciting when receiving the weird tome. IT ALL MAKES SENSE!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.