Had a very promising ratling duelist fall to a terribly stupid death.

The RNG loved this guy, I swear:
- naturally found an amulet of life saving and ring of djinni summoning (in a shop) before dwarftown
- red dragon scale mail spawned in Darkforge
- first wild boar I saw dropped a skull
- found a spellbook shop in CoC where I learned teleport and bolt/ball spells

Anyway, I was all set for an ultra ending. Saved Khelly, finished demented ratling and Gaab'Baay's quests, had a little trouble with the ACW but a couple of prayers and spamming Ice Ball took care of that... Easily dispatched the Air and Earth temples before running into a greater vault of giants that granted the IronFist gauntlets (yay) and leveled me from 22 -> 30. My duelist was easily tearing through most enemies in melee, even Greater Titans at that point. So I head to the Unreal Caves to hopefully level up and find good loot and level up in the blue dragon caves, but on UL:1 I immediately run into a room full of items. "A shop!," I think, even though there were no bells chiming and no shopkeeper immediately available. Anyway, I step into the items, and lo and behold a trio of mimic hiveminds appear, one of them hitting me on that initial turn. I had no para resistance, and went from 410 health to 0 in the blink of an eye. Lesson learned...