Thread: Melting to ingots with fire.

Default Melting to ingots with fire.

I just learned by chance that iron stuff can be melted to ingots with fire, in this case firebolt was shot over a stack of spears which turned into one iron ingot for each spear.
    Handy for the non mining proficient smither.
    Is there just a small chance for this to happen?

I assume mithril and adamantium is not meltable in similar fashion.

Also had a game where I dug out the entire ogre caves, the ingame time was still not that bad.
    Seems like wilderness walking w/o 7 league boots is worse than extensive mining.

Yeah the chance of it happening sucks. If you're looking for a faster way to do it, try just dropping iron stuff in the toef. You can go in at a low Level with fire resist.

In game time isn't bad for mining, but what really sucks the time away is turning all that ore into ingots. Also many people don't bother because it's too repetitive. If you don't mind the tedium, every character can easily become super powered with a bit of smithing.

yeh it really is a battle between boredom and getting what you want in terms of your PV/DV. For additional scummy ness pick a gnome since you can also find gems.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    I assume mithril and adamantium is not meltable in similar fashion.
    Not with regular fire, but weaponsmiths can do it.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Not with regular fire, but weaponsmiths can do it.
    Yes, well that was sort of my pondering, if there was an alternative way of melting for non smiths, but it seems any fire can melt iron but the chance is fairly low.